Falcon Ridge Family Updates
April 18, 2022
News and Tidbits
I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. As the forecast predicts chilly weather, please send warm outerwear with your student.
This week we will begin our standardized testing. This is a good time to ensure your child gets a good night's rest, balanced breakfast, plenty of fresh air and exercise, and avoids too much time on electronics.
We are thankful for our active PTO. Please check out the information in the PTO Corner for the upcoming Spring Festival on April 22nd.
Our character trait this month is honesty, which means the quality or state of being truthful and fair. As always, students will have the opportunity to demonstrate honesty at school and may earn a Falcon Card to display on the hall bulletin board. At the end of each month, Falcon Cards are randomly drawn for fabulous prizes. Please check out this newsletter for ideas to have honesty at home.
Have a wonderful week!
Hello Falcon Ridge Families & Staff,
The Falcon Ridge Spring Festival is ONE WEEK AWAY on Friday, April 22nd from 6-8:00 pm at Falcon Ridge School. Please RSVP here and join us next week for all the fun!
Spring Festival Ticket Pre-Sale: Save time and money!
Ticket pre-sales are now available via Venmo (@PTO-FalconRidge).
- Buy $5 and get $1 free!
- Buy $10 and get $2 free!
- Buy $15 and get $3 free!
- Buy $20 and get $4 free!
- Buy $25 and get $5 free!
*Bonus ticket offer will only be offered for Pre-Sale.
When purchasing via Venmo please put the child's name and grade level in the memo line. All tickets purchased will be held at the Will Call ticket table for pick up at the festival. Please purchase your tickets NOW until Wednesday, April 20 at 8:00 PM.
Each game/activity will be 1-4 tickets. Food truck options are not included/available with ticket payment.
We are so excited to gather together for a fun family-friendly school event! Please email us directly at email@example.com if you have any questions, want to run a booth, or need anything else from the PTO.
Check out what's been happening at school this week!
~ Miss Matson
Ms. Wright's Students Create Guatemalan Eggs
Third Grade Donut Shop
Weekly Progress Report
Just a reminder that we will continue sending weekly progress reports through the 4th Quarter to make sure you are aware of your student's current grades. Remember that you can always view your student's current grades and missing assignments through the Tyler SIS parent portal. If you have questions regarding grades or assignments, please contact your child's teacher.
Falcon Ridge Charter School
Honesty Resources for Parents
Important Attendance Policy Reminders
The Administration and Governing Board recognize that there are special circumstances when a student may need to participate in another event or activity rather than attend class. An absence will be considered “excused” if a parent/guardian provides a written or verbal notification for the following reasons:
- the student could not attend class because he/she is ill
- a physician’s documentation of illness medical, dental, orthodontic appointments with a verifying note from the medical office
- bereavement for a death in the family
- wedding for a member of the family
- an immediate family member involved in State Tournament competition, 4-H competition, or graduation exercise at the high school, college, and military level.
- extraordinary circumstances (requires a review and approval of FRPCS administrator.)
Family trips or vacations are NOT considered extraordinary and are unexcused. The cumulative effect of regular class attendance is critical to the learning experience that Falcon Ridge Charter School offers, which the student misses even when the absence is excused.
Student absence for any reason not specifically listed in the excused absence section will be considered unexcused. Absences (for any reason) not verified by verbal or written communication from the parent/guardian (within 48 hours of student’s return to school) will be considered unexcused.
Average Daily Attendance
1st - 98.62%
2nd - 92.50%
3rd - 97.93%
4th - 92.73%
5th - 93.44%
6th - 96.67%
7th - 98.33%
8th - 93.75%
- April 20th: STEM Club from 3pm-4pm
- April 27th: Administrative Assistant Appreciation Day
- May 2nd: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 6th: Lunch Hero day
- May 9th: Open House for new students for the 2022-2023 school year
- May 10th: School Board Meeting at 6:30pm
- May 25th: Kindergarten Graduation 9:30am-10:30am
- May 26th: 8th grade graduation 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- May 26th: Kindergarten Screening for all new incoming Kindergarten students
- May 27: Last day of school (early release at 1:30pm)
- Early release days every Monday (1st-8th grades dismiss at 1:30 p.m.)
**Check out our website for the most updated information