Northwood October Update
Charting a Course for Success
Mark Your Calendar!
- Friday, October 2nd, National Custodial Workers Recognition Day
- Monday, October 5th, End of 1st 6 Weeks
- Tuesday, October 6th, PLAN (all sophomores) & Practice ACT (all juniors)
- Tuesday, October 6th, BT Meeting @ 3:20 (P115)
- Tuesday, October 6th, SIT Meeting @ 3:20 (Media Center)
- Friday, October 9th, Grades Due @ 8:00 a.m.
- Monday, October 12th, Required Staff Development (District)
- Tuesday, October 13th, Leadership Team Meeting @ 3:20 (Media Center)
- Wednesday, October 14th, PSAT
- Friday, October 16th, Homecoming
- Tuesday, October 20th, Faculty Meeting @ 3:20 (Media Center)
- Friday, October 23rd, Fall Faculty Social
- Friday, October 30th, Required Staff Development (School Level)
Just a Note...
Do you know what the district's instructional priorities are this year? What are we asking teachers to do in classrooms? What are the key elements of quality instruction we would like to see in classrooms this year? Get the full list here.
#9 Technology Integration- Technology resources and tools are a necessary part of quality instruction in today’s classrooms. The teacher evaluation instrument specifically includes expectations for technology use and digital learning. Teachers and students will consistently utilize technology to enhance and maximize learning.NCEES Teaching Standard: 3d, 4d
CCS Technology On-Demand Videos
CCS Technology Tools
Twitter users can follow @keithmedlin #ccstt for a weekly Tech Tuesday tip.
A shout-out to Coach Hart for being intentional in celebrating student successes during class.
Awesome job incorporating multiple learning styles into your instruction.
Way to go Ms. Wilkerson in engaging your students with the Charger Gems project!
NHS Teacher of the Month Nominations
At each monthly faculty meeting, a teacher will be named to receive the Golden Apple, to be passed monthly amongst other selected winners and to have their picture displayed for the month.
Click here to submit your nomination. Friday, October 16th is the cut-off for October nominations.