We Are... Room 304!
Miss Anderson's Weekly Scoop
October 12-16, 2015
October 12th-16th ~
- Tiger of the Week - Ryan B.
- Book Fair Family Night @ 5:00-6:30 PM
October 13th ~
- Book Fair @ 1:45-2:30 PM - When sending money in for book fair, please send it in an envelope/Ziploc with your child's name clearly labeled on it. I will collect all money in the morning to prevent any money from being lost or misplaced, and distribute prior to going to the Book Fair.
- Unit #2 Math Test
- Book Fair Family Night @ 6:00-8:00 PM
- Home & School Meeting @ 7:00 PM
- Celebrate Education - Math Games @ 9:15-10:00 AM
- "Pink Out" for Breast Cancer Awareness Spirit Day
- Doylestown Field Trip - Michener Museum & Font Hill
- Pumpkin Math @ 9:30-11:00 AM
- Halloween Parade @ 1:30 PM
- Halloween Party @ 2:00 PM
Click below to sign up for Pumpkin Math! We are still in need of volunteers & pumpkins!
A few quick things about this week...
This week we will be completing a mid-unit assessment, visiting the book fair, and learning how good readers infer while reading.
At this point in the school year, all students should have finished reading at least ONE independent reading book! Please check with your child and remind them to get a 20 Book Challenge Form to receive credit for their independent reading.
Please remind your child to remember to hand in their signed weekly reading log by Tuesday each week... it is a homework assignment!
Writing & Spelling
The writers of room 304 are working hard on their personal narratives. We will be revising our pieces this week to "show, not tell" and add endings to our writing like the professionals do. Students will also be typing their drafts as we work towards our ultimate goal of publishing, while working with technology.
Students should be writing at home 2+ times per week in their Writer's Notebooks. All "at home" entries should be dated and marked with an (H) to clearly identify an "at home" entry. Remember... the more they write, the better writers they will become!
Spelling Homework - Unit #3 - pgs. due Thursday
*Each week's spelling list will be posted on our class website!
We are finishing Unit #2 - Using Numbers & Organizing Data with a test on Wednesday.
We will also be Celebrating Education this week with math games on Thursday @ 9:15-10:00 AM!
Students will also be given their usernames and passwords to log on to www.learntci.com. The website provides students with online access to the textbook, as well as other resources that can be used to review/study throughout the year.