VCR Lesson 3
Select the Most Appropriate Word from Lesson 3 to Fill in the Blank
Arkhein- "to begin", "to be first"
Tupos- "mold", "model"
*first known use is 1545
-He believed that all humans have four major archetypes in their subconscious
1. The Self- spirit that connects the conscious and unconscious
2. The Shadow- sex and life instincts, wildness, chaos, latent desires
3. The Animus- masculine aspect of the female, Anima- feminine aspect of the male
4. The Persona- how you present yourself
Select the Sentence in Which the Word in Bold-faced Type is Used Incorrectly
1. After weeks of prodding from his wife, Larry at last begrudgingly bought a blueprint for a treehouse at the hardware store to act as the archetype for his project.
2. John sought to be an archetypal student, so he made sure to study every day and be actively involved in many different clubs at school.
3. The inventor was disappointed when his archetype for a bicycle with an umbrella proved to be unpopular, thus preventing him from mass producing his invention.
4. Ruth explained in her project that Leonardo da Vinci was the archetype of a Renaissance man, because he made many great contributions to varied subjects.
An archetype is the original product, not the blueprint or instructions to be followed to create the product.