September 10, 2021
Highlights you will find:
- Dates to remember
- Lincoln Run-A-Thon
- Principals Desk-Highlights from 5th grade Otter Creek field trip, quotes from our 5th graders
- PTO Bulletin and new website linked in button
- Covid Guidelines
- Links for IT, and helpful resources for families
The Run-a-Thon kicked off this week! This is an annual fundraiser for the Lincoln PTO. Students will participate in the Run-a-Thon during P.E. class on September 28th. Funds raised go right back to supporting Lincoln School, Students and Staff. Please make sure to look for the packet of information that came home with your student. Thanks for your support!
Remember the 3 W's: Wear a Mask, Watch Your Distance, Wash Your Hands
Lincoln leopards are respectful, responsible, and safe---Roar!
Yearlong Theme-Rooted Together Branching Out!
September has come in with some beautiful weather, our students have been able to take advantage of it during recess, school pictures, PE, and even our first field trip of the year.
Here are some highlights from our 5th-grade students answering
What I liked about our field trip to Otter Creek and/or what did I learn?
- Kaydan S replied, "It was disgusting, mushy, maybe if I could walk better in the mud, and I learned that plants produce a certain kind of sugar "
- Jack S in 5K replied, "The water, creek ponds were all cool, I liked seeing the creatures that live in them!"
- Zoe W in 5K replied, "I liked it, only I didn't like the smell of the wetlands. I also learned that people are trying to take away wetlands and wetlands are important."
- Jack 5 in 5M replied, "It was really interesting!"
This week students received information regarding the return of our annual Run-A-Thon, please see below information regarding our PTO fundraiser. In addition, earlier this week you should have received information for our upcoming Open-House, I am including the linked letter below which includes the sign-up genius link as well. We look forward to welcoming you in our school to see their room, LRC, gym/lunch room, and all our learning spaces.
This weekend the weather is going to be beautiful, take the time to get outside for a walk or bike ride. There are so many benefits to being outside, I look forward to taking some time for a run and reading outside this weekend. Enjoy!