5th Grade News!
For the Week of April 20-24, 2015
- Continue research on state projects and begin planning presentations
- Lab and station activities
Math games and stations
- Modern America and the 20th Century
Information and News
STAAR Testing Information
Math STAAR - Monday, 4/20
Science STAAR - Wednesday, 4/22
- Please get a good night's sleep in preparation for these important tests. If you normally sleep in on Sunday, try to get up earlier than usual so that you can go to sleep early on Sunday night!
- Eat a healthy, good breakfast. Remember that sugar makes you feel good for a few minutes, but then you will experience "sugar crash!" Your brain needs healthy foods to fuel it, just like your body does.
- Bring a snack to school if you wish. You may eat your snack right when you get to school, or you can eat it when everyone is finished testing.
- Lunch will be at the normal time, but no visitors Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Do not wear a watch that makes noise.
- Do not bring a device (tablet or phone) on Monday or Wednesday. If you do, it will be collected before the test and returned to you when all students have finished testing.
- Make sure you have at least one book to read for after you finish testing.
- Wear comfortable clothes - LAYERS.
- Come with a great attitude knowing that you are going to ROCK THE STAAR!!
Please start bringing in round toothpicks and liquid glue for science activities that will be done the week after STAAR.
Read, Deed, Run
Read, Deed, Run is continuing to collect snack pouches, drink pouches, used markers, glue sticks, glue bottles, and ink cartridges. These can be sent to school in a baggie at any time this school year.
- Math STAAR Test - April 20
- Science STAAR Test - April 22
- Howlapalooza - May 8, 5pm-8pm
4/24 extra recess
5/8 hat day
5/22 crazy socks/stinky feet
Lunch w/ teacher – scheduled by teacher
Kickball – scheduled with switch class
5th Grade Team Members
Willie Manning - WillieRManning@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Longoria - JulieALongoria@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Hernandez - JulieRHernandez@KATYISD.ORG
Nichole Howard - NicholeCHoward@KATYISD.ORG
Jennifer Counter - JenniferTCounter@KATYISD.ORG
Kailey Miller - KaileyMiller@KATYISD.ORG
Abbie Artley - AbigailEArtley@KATYISD.ORG