April 13, 2020
ALL EVENTS ARE CURRENTLY POSTPONED
NEW ONLINE LEARNING SCHEDULE
Beginning this week, we will be going to an "A/B day" schedule to simplify daily tasks for students, teachers and parents. This will hopefully make it simpler for everyone to keep up on what needs to be done each day, while still encouraging student participation in their courses! Here are the main elements of the schedule:
- Fridays will still be "E-time Friday" with no new assignments
- Math will be every day still (M-Th)
- English will be Mondays & Wednesdays
- Science will be Tuesdays & Thursdays
- All other courses will be in either "Elective Group #1" or "Elective Group #2" (See the schedule below)
Elective Group #1 (Mon/Wed)
- Social Studies (except AP Geography which will be daily--M-Th)
- Drama, Art, Choir, Band, Orchestra
- Small Animal Science
Elective Group #2 (Tue/Thur)
- Reading, Creative Writing, Literature & Film, Journalism, Character Ed, Leadership
- FACS, Sewing, CCA, all CTE, STEM
Pass/Fail Option for 4th Term
VIRTUAL STUDY HALL AVAILABLE
Beginning TOMORROW, we will be offering VIRTUAL Study Hall for Students to get help with any assignments. Follow the links at the appointed day and time! You will need a password to enter any of these sessions. The password for all sessions is Online2020. All links can also be found on our school website.
- English 7: 9:30 AM Zoom Link
- Science 7: 10:00AM Zoom Link
- Utah Studies: 10:30AM Zoom Link
- Math 7: 11:00AM Zoom Link
- English 8: 9:30AM Zoom Link
- Science 8: 10:00AM Zoom Link
- US Studies: 10:30AM Zoom Link
- Math 8: 11:00AM Zoom Link
- Health 8: 11:30AM Zoom Link
SChool office hours
We Love Our Teachers!
High School Student Council Elections
MAPLE MOUNTAIN HIGH SCHOOL: 9th graders interested in running for Student Council at Maple Mountain High School for next school year, please email Mrs. Ethridge at email@example.com. Because of this unexpected isolation, the original deadlines and plans have changed. Mrs. Ethridge has the information you need. Please contact her right away.
SPANISH FORK HIGH SCHOOL: Requirements for 2020-2021 Spanish Fork High Student Government Elections:
- Sophomores will be selected through application and teacher recommendations. https://forms.gle/T2tLuPekgUgsxaW18
- All candidates must be a current student, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, have no NCs, and owe no fines.
- Student council will meet periodically throughout the summer for leadership training and planning.
- Student council will attend the USU Leadership Conference in Logan, June 15-18. Attendance is strongly suggested.
- Student council members must take the Council Leadership class during the school year.
- Student council members will participate in ALL council-sponsored activities.
- Student council members and parents are expected to help with major events, such as dances and HFAN, with both set up and clean up.
- Student council members may participate in other extracurricular activities; however, student council is a leadership position that requires the full attention of members. If students cannot make council a priority, it is not the organization for them.
- The cost for each student council member will be approximately $500 used as follows:
- $250 (approximately)—USU Leadership Conference (conference, lodging, meals, and transportation)
- $200 (approximately)—Council jacket
- $50 (approximately)—Council shirts
National Junior Honor Society Applications
Nebo Mountain Bike Team
There is a Parent Orientation Meeting this Thursday, April 16 @ 8pm via Zoom. See the attached flier for more details!
FREE School Breakfast & Lunch
Each school day (M-F), students can pick up a Grab-n-Go breakfast and lunch between 10:30am-12:00pm from several area schools. Diamond Fork Junior High is one of these locations. Children from any school may pick up meals at any of the locations, but the children must be present to pick up meals. Both meals may be picked up at the same time.