Lake Street Connection
April 8, 2022
We had a busy week in the dolphin pool since returning from spring break. I hope last week was a time of rest and relaxation. We are now ready for the final push of the 2021-22 school year. Isn’t that hard to believe?
Below are some key notables for all:
- Math bowl competition on Tuesday, April 12 at 5:00. We will be at Wheeler for the competition – Good Luck to our team and coaches!
- Tiffany Markham, a first grade teacher, is heading to Poland at the end of the month to take needed supplies to the Ukrainian children in Poland. We are humbled by the turnout and support shown from our Lake Street staff and community.
- Our very own Shannon Carroll is Lake Street’s Teacher of the Year for 2022. Good luck, Shannon, at the district level!
- If your student borrows clothes from the nurse’s office, please be sure to wash and return them. As the season turns wet and the weather changes so quickly, we find ourselves needing those items regularly. Thank you for your help!
- Charging your child’s Chromebook devices for ILEARN testing at the end of the month, is going to be essential. Please make sure all third, fourth and fifth grade students have fully charged Chromebooks the whole week of April 25th. Also, make sure they each have working earbuds/headphones.
- We ask that you are not on your cell phone as you drive your student through the arrival and dismissal lines. All it takes is one moment for a traffic incident to occur.
- Check out the new menu below, food choices have changed recently.
Have a fabulous weekend, Mrs. Cindy Wise
The Café needs one week's notice for Birthday ice cream celebrations. They are selling ice cream daily and cannot guarantee they would have enough if called the day before.
Please call 219-663-5683 to be connected to our Kitchen Manager.
4/15 | Good Friday; No School
4/22 | Hoops For Heart
4/18-5/6 | ILearn Window
5/2 - 5/6 | Teacher Appreciation Week
5/12 | Math Bowl Competition
5/30 | Memorial Day; No School
5/27 | All School Family Event at Bulldog Park
6/2 | Last Student Day; End of 4th - 9 weeks
Lake Street Talent Show
We’re thrilled to announce a year-round, 24/7 online spirit shop for Lake Street Elementary. You’ll find spirit wear and accessories with dozens of official Lake Street designs on over three hundred items. Brands include companies like Under Armour, Nike, North Face, Ogio, and more.
For the first 30 days, you’ll receive 25% off your entire order with the promo code SPIRIT.*
The Dolphin Spirit Shop is operated through a third-party vendor, BSN Sports. Currently, BSN estimates two to three weeks from the date an order is placed until it ships via FedEx. If you have questions about an order, you will need to contact BSN directly at 1-800-644-4481 or via their website.
*North Face products are not eligible for the promo code.
Hello Lake Street Families!
We are getting ready to take a road trip with the Kids Heart Challenge Explorers and welcome you to jump on board for our annual partnership with the American Heart Association!
As a Kids Heart Challenge Heart Hero, your student will meet kids with special hearts and raise funds for the health of all hearts. They’ll also get moving with fun activities, learn about keeping their hearts and brains healthy and feel great for helping others.
Not only will you be helping fight heart disease and stroke (the No. 1 and No. 2 killers worldwide), but participants can earn fun thank-you gifts AND earn PE equipment for our school!
Please help your child take the challenge to either Move More or Be Kind. Log into: http://www2.heart.org/goto/lakestreet to help them set up their page and send emails to family and friends!
Captain KHC will lead you through:
- Finn’s Mission to learn – Hands-Only CPR and Signs of a Stroke
- Family “Move More” challenges
- Virtual reality field trips
Raising money online really is the easiest way to reach out to distant friends and family and even post to your social media accounts. Please note that we will only be accepting online donations. Please remember that checks can be scanned on the Kids Heart Challenge app!
Our event will be taking place at recess times on Friday, April 22nd! Please look for more information to be sent home on Monday. We are looking forward to another successful year!
Thank you for your support of this important program!
Mrs. Poulton, Mrs. Damjanovic and your Student Council
Raise Your Voice Summer Theatre Production Audition Information
Lake Street Elementary School
Location: Lake Street Elementary School, Lake Street, Crown Point, IN, USA
Phone: (219) 663-5683