AIESEC en Oaxaca
Hello dear EP, It is almost time to fly to Oaxaca and we are looking forward to meeting you. This information is very useful, if you have any doubts please don't hesitate on contacting us.
Is someone going to pick you up?
The person who has been in contact with you during all this process. Don't forget to write down her/his cellphone number.
The AIESEC member will be waiting for you with a sign inside the airport or bus station. The places are small so there is no way you get lost. Please, don't get ou of the airport or bus station for any reason.
XOXOCOTLAN Oaxaca - Airport
ADO Bus Station
If you are arriving to Mexico city and taking the bus to Oaxaca city, remember that nobody will pick you up at the airport. Print out the information we send you about going from the airport to the bus station and contact us as soon as you land so we can help you as much as we can.
What is next?
We will take you to your host family. We'll send you information about your host family on June 10th the lates please.
Important Information for any Exchange Participant:
About documents and migration:
There are some things that you have to consider. Sometimes when you arrive to the airport in Mexico City people in charge of migration will ask you a lot of questions or maybe none, don't be nervous and follow this steps to be ready for this moment:
- Print all your documents: Medical Insurance, Invitation Letter, organizations, electronic authorization, and only in some cases the migration document, visa and everything that you will receive in the Mexican Embassy in case you asked (need) for Mexican Tourist Visa ; in case they asked for the US Visa bring it with you.
- You are coming as Voluntary Trainee so you are not going to be paid, you are going to teach and show your culture.
- The mobile phone number of our VP ICX GCDP (Lia Velasco, 0449515041075) is in the Invitation Letter, in case you have a problem during your trip to Mexico or with Migration in the airport, you can call her, in case you don't find her you can call to the LCP Claudia Sanchez (0449511014329)
You will receive a paper like this on the airplane or at the airport. DO NOT LOSE IT OR DAMAGE IT, you MUST upload it to our system during your first days in Mexico.
Security and some other considerations:
These are some recomendations we have for you:
- Don't give information about youself if it is not neccesary, where you are going, why you are in Mexico and any personal information.
- If you are going to change money, please do it on the authorized places inside the airport. When you are already in Oaxaca and you don't have mexican money with you, there are places in Oaxaca where to get them.
- Don't carry a lot of cash with you.
- Watch your things out.
Sunny and hot, sometimes rainy and a little bit cold at night.
Fundamental things you should not forget to bring:
- Voltage converter
- Printed documents
- Your country flag and things for the Global Village
- Some sweaters
- Light clothes
- Pocket money