ROSS Service Desk NEWSLETTER
What's hot today?
1. Taleo Password reset, please refer to KB0013653. Assign to AM_LEVEL_2_IAM if AD related.
2. RMS_Level_1_UI_Support & RDW_Level_1_UI_Support is only for Buying Offices users only. If Non-Buying Office user, assign to AM_Level_2_CMS or Business_Intelligence depending on the issue.
3. 3rd party sites that are being blocked create an Incident and assign to IT Security Solutions – Network L2, Configuration Item should be Desktop Services. Refer to KB0013678.
4. If Help Desk receives an inquiry from users not receiving executable or zip files, we should reiterate that these are blocked but the file size limit has been increased.
5. Onboarding, Off boarding and FOSU requests, check forms attached to verify all tasks has been added.
6. For cancelling Problem tickets, create a General Request and assign to ServiceNow.Support.
7. For cancelling Change Order tickets, email ChangeAdmins@ros.com.
8. RMS, open website at the start of the shift. Try opening on both servers to make sure that it is working.
Manuelito Francisco Miranda
aka "Hotness Royalé"
Tolits is 21 years of age and functions as Service Desk Analyst for Ross Stores.
Favorite food: Pancake
Favorite color: Black
Favorite movie: Walk to remember
Favorite song: Maps by Maroon 5
"Who do you find most attractive in Ross?" Myself
"Something unique about yourself?" Being hot
"Inspirational Qoute?" Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try
"If today is the last day of your life, what will you do?" Spend all the money that I have
"What was the funniest moment in your college/office?" I assumed that my crush has also a crush on me, but when I asked her, she said no! huhuhu :(
"Do you have any bad habits?" Slow moving person
"Given a chance to be reincarnated, who do you choose to live as?" Channing Tatum
"If you will be an animal, what would it be and why?" Eagle, because they are strong, no fear and independent
Failure is the pillars of success
Life is a struggle and not a bed of roses. Man is not perfect and he cannot ensure success in everything that he undertakes. He often stumbles in life for the simple reason that he has to face many hurdles.
Human life is the story of numerous failures and a few achievements. Success naturally gives us joy and pride. Failures generally disappoint and discourage us. However, the right approach to failures is not to be disheartened by them. Misfortunes try a man in the same way as gold is tried in fire. Failures should be regarded as stepping-stones to success. We should not allow our failures to blind our judgment.
We should learn some lesson out of them. Each time we fail, we come to know the reasons of our failure. We become aware of our weaknesses and defects. We also discover our hidden powers. The experience we gain each time makes our path to success smoother and easier. We can achieve success in life by removing the pitfalls which caused our failure.
Thus failures are our best instructors, guides and teachers. They make us bold, active and vigilant. Those who fail must succeed one day. They story of "King Bruce and the Spider" should be an eye- opener. Many failures preceded the conquest of Mount Everest and the Moon. Failures should inspire us to work harder for success. They should not deter or unnerve us.
- Apoorva Verma
Just Kiddin'! :)
The teacher says, "Why are you arguing?"
One boy answers, "We found a ten dollor bill and decided to give it to whoever tells the biggest lie."
"You should be ashamed of yourselves," said the teacher, "When I was your age I didn't even know what a lie was."
The boys gave the ten dollars to the teacher.
It's Summer Time!
What are the dangers of sun exposure?
The immediate danger of too much sun is sunburn. If you looked at sunburned skin under a strong microscope, you would see that the cells and blood vessels have been damaged. With repeated sun damage, the skin starts to look dry, wrinkled, discolored, and leathery. Although the skin appears to be thicker, it actually has been weakened and, as a result, it will bruise more easily.
However, the sun's most serious threat is that it is the major cause of skin cancer, which is now the most common of all cancers. Doctors believe that most skin cancers can be avoided by preventing sun damage.
Does the sun have benefits?
You may have been taught that you need sunlight for your body to make vitamin D, because vitamin D is not found naturally in most foods. But today, many foods are fortified with vitamin D during the manufacturing process. Thus, sun exposure is not as important for the body's vitamin D supply as it used to be. Of course, being outdoors makes most people feel good. And playing tennis is better for your health than watching television. But you can still protect yourself from the sun's damaging effects while enjoying yourself outdoors.
How can I avoid the harmful effects of the sun?
Staying out of the sun is the best way to avoid sun damage, but most of us go outdoors regularly. So when you go outside, take these precautions:
- Always wear sunscreen. Apply it on your skin every day. Make it a habit, as you do with brushing your teeth.
- Avoid sun in the middle of the day, from about 10 am to 3 pm. The ultraviolet rays, which cause sunburn, are strongest during this time.
- Wear protective clothing. When you do go outdoors, especially for long periods in the middle of the day. Long sleeves and slacks, as well as a wide-brimmed hat, help protect your body against the sun's harmful effects.
- Wear sunglasses that filter UV light.