What About Teen Marriage
Meaning of Teen Marriage
- marriage is a lifetime commitment
- you have to have increased responsibilities
- learning to communicate with a spouse
- equal partnership of work and leisure
- Pleasure and sacrifice
- Years ago it was easy for young people, or teens to get married
- The teens who were married they were part of the aristocracy married sooner than people who were poor
- Today marriage with teens aren't allowed
- 450000 teens that were fifteen to nineteen were married or were married
- based on things from the U.S. National Epidemiological Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions found boy or girls who got married before or at the age of 18 and higher rated of mental illness later in their life
- Set boundaries (financial budget, thinking about family planning or methods of birth controls, set mutual goals, relationship must be strong to endure both good and the bad changes that come with marriage)
If you or your spouse got married before or divorced, you need to have the divorce papers or information about the spouses death. Same sex marriage is legal in Iowa, The law was changed April 29, 2009. If you would like to marry your cousin, that's not allowed in Iowa. At the age of 16 or 17 if you want to get married you need a parental consent.the couple must obtain a license from the state that they are getting married in there is usually a fee for the license.
most requirements to get married you have to be at least 18 years old.
Future With Teen Marriage
Teens that are married often drop out of school, since you only have a high school diploma, you might have a hard time with getting a jobteens cant have a lot of time to learn valuable job skills
teens who drop out of high school they may not have time to learn or develop skills that are needed for jobs
The couple can not live as cheaply as one person
when you get married you should make a budget
Decisions and your Future
when you get married you make a vow or a promise to love
that person as your spouse. You need time to think carefully about if you should get
married or not. Getting married is a decision that will affect the rest of your life. And your
friendship with that person.
Reasons for thinking about teen marriage
marriage is a lifetime commitment, you have
to have increased responsibilities, learning to communicate with a spouse, equal
partnership of work and leisure, pleasure and sacrifice.
myths and facts about teen marriage: myth: marriage will end loneliness.
fact: many married people are lonely
myth: romance will always be strong in a good marriage
fact: even good marriages experience ups and downs things that married people have to
do like pay the bills etc. they can become very stressed out and then they don’t spend
myth: cohabitation before marriage is a good test for how well suited couples are for
fact: today many couples decide to move in together before they even get married they
might not be ready to get married yet.
the case for and against teen marriage: today 20 out of every 100 women getting married
for the first time are teens, out of every 100 men only 8 are teens.
considering that the couples are young they might not know what they are going into
Finding the Right Person
DAHL, GORDON B. "Early Teen Marriage and Future Poverty." Demography. Population Association of America, 3 Aug. 2010. Web. 28 Apr. 2015.
Evidence Explained. Web. 29 Apr. 2015.
Pregnancy and Bipolar. Web. 29 Apr. 2015.
"Teen Health and Wellness." Teen Health and Wellness. Jennifer Key. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
"Teen Marriage License Laws, Minors Requirements, by State." Teen Marriage License Laws, Minors Requirements, by State. Web. 28 Apr. 2015.
Teen Mom Junkies. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
Teen Spirit. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.