NEWS FROM THE NEST
REOPENING TOWN HALL MEETINGS
- Tuesday, November 10th, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 17th, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
If you missed our first meeting on October 27th, watch it HERE.
Thanksgiving Food Drive - Nov 2nd - 6th
Donate a Thanksgiving food kit or other nonperishable food items and gift cards to bring Thanksgiving to the tables of Nighthawks who might otherwise go without. For a list of items needed to complete a food kit, click HERE. We will have a bin at the front of the school for drop offs.
Contact Michelle Hinds at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Community Conversations on Racial Equity
For more information, please click here.
Naviance Parent Training (All Grade Levels are Welcome)
Naviance Student is a college and career readiness platform that Del Norte uses to explore postsecondary college and career options. The Counseling Department will be hosting a virtual training on Tuesday, November 17th at 3:00 p.m. The Guidance Technicians will offer an overview of Naviance as well as assist with setting up parent accounts. Zoom links will be posted on the Del Norte home page and Counseling page closer to the event.
Mental Health Awareness Opportunities
Try the Nighthawk Drink at Starbucks!
ASB Instagram and Class Accounts
Students under the age of 18 years of age are required by state law to have a work permit issued through their home school. During virtual learning, students can drop off completed work permit applications (form B1-1) and school forms with our security team at the front office on Mondays and Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please expect three to four days for processing. Click HERE for specific instructions and to download printable forms.
Del Norte Athletics - Ticket to Play
Attention Parents/Guardians of students interested in trying out for sports during the 2020-21 school year:
- Parent/Guardians and students are required to complete and submit paperwork before tryouts also called “Ticket to Play Paperwork”. See the Ticket to Play Page on the athletics website.
- A Pre-Participation Physical Exam is required. We recommend parent/guardians contact your family doctor to set up an appointment.
- The Medical History/Physical forms must be uploaded into DragonFly. We will not be collecting the hard copies this year. Parent/Guardians should keep the hard copies in a safe place for the school year.
- Ticket to Play Due Dates (there are only 2 sport seasons this year):
- Season 1: December 1, 2020
- Season 2: February 1, 2021
- If you have questions/concerns, visit the DNHS Athletic Website for contact information.
Del Norte Athletics - Strength & Conditioning Program
Be sure to visit the DNHS Athletics Home page for updated information on COVID-19 and CIF protocols. Our strength and conditioning program is a huge success and most sessions are full. If you are interested in participating in the S&C workouts or have a general athletics question, please email Bob Spahn at email@example.com.
Legacy Brick Campaign
The Del Norte High School Athletic Foundation would like to join you in celebrating your Senior. We have created an opportunity to leave your mark at The Nest by participating in the Legacy Brick Campaign. With the help of our sponsors, we have built a Nighthawk monument on campus that has many uniquely engraved bricks. These bricks have been purchased by families to commemorate their student’s time at Del Norte. Whether on the court or field, or in the classroom or on stage, adding a brick to this growing monument is a great way to celebrate your student's accomplishments .
We invite you to LOG IN HERE and design a brick to honor your Senior's hard work and dedication and help them forever leave their mark on campus. There are different bricks and ways to customize your engraved message. Please check out and enjoy creating a lasting message that your student can visit as an alumni in years to come.