Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year
Harriton High School
⬇️ Intro Video ⬇️
Dear Harriton Community,
I am pleased to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year! I hope this smore newsletter finds you well, enjoying the end of a relaxing summer, and eager to start the new year. Very soon, we will be in classrooms witnessing our students and staff partner in exploration and innovation. Harriton High School affords students so many opportunities to delve into their interests and pursue their passions.
We look forward to working with our families to make the school experience as meaningful and educationally fulfilling as possible for all of our students. We hope that this resource provides you with the necessary information for you to start this school year.
Scott Weinstein, Principal
New Student and Family Orientation
1:1 Laptop Distribution Information
🔔 Bell Schedules from September 6 - September 19th
Lunch and Learn Bell Schedule Starting on September 20th
Click on this button if you would like to make a customizable bell schedule with your classes.
It is important that we have a record of students who are in the building for capturing accurate attendance. If your student will be absent from a class or absent for the day, please complete the Safe Arrival Form or call the Safe Arrival Hotline at 610-649-3949.
A Message from Our Student Services Department
Please know we are all here to support you in many ways:
- If you are struggling with accessing or completing schoolwork, please reach out to your school counselor (posted below).
- If you are finding day-to-day life as we know it now to be overwhelming or difficult, we want you to know you can email your school counselor, Ms. Heaney firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ms. Manfre email@example.com.
- If you’re a teen who is starting to feel overwhelmed and need another teen to talk to, please call Montgomery County’s teen talk line at (866) 825-5856 or text (215) 703-8411. It is available, free of charge, Monday through Friday, from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Montgomery County Children’s Crisis Support Program provides not only immediate support for crisis situations but also assistance with managing recurring or future crises. Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-888-HELP-414.
- LMSD Reporting Form and Safe2Say forms are available HERE.
- New suicide and crisis hotline number: 988 (https://988lifeline.org/current-events/the-lifeline-and-988/)
Click on this button to view the special information sessions led by our counseling department
Harriton Student Council Officers
- Class of 2026: Shannon Davis and Joan Imms-Geiser (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Class of 2025: Bill Shirk and Nick Cimino (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Class of 2024: Brian and Betsy Gauvin (gauvinB@lmsd.org, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Class of 2023: Chris Santa Maria and Paul McKenna (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Harriton Athletics and Activities
Below are the links to the Activities/Athletics pages on the District website. Students can find current information, meeting dates, fundraisers, and more for activities, clubs, and athletics that may interest them. Please email Mrs. Mossor (Secretary for the office of Athletics and Activities) at email@example.com with any questions.
Harriton Athletics Schedule:
🚌 Bus Dismissal Diagram
HSA's Ramblings Newsletter and Website
Ramblings Newsletter: HSA's weekly newsletter with up-to-date information, articles, and need-to-know school information. Thank you to Joanne Siciliano for providing such comprehensive information! Sign up by texting Ramblings to 22828.
Website: The Harriton HSA has recently developed a website to access the online directory, pay dues, buy logo wear, and list HSA activities. We keep adding more features so check us out at harritonhsa.org
Are You Ready for School? (courtesy of Ramblings)
- 📘Check that all Summer Assignments have been completed
- Parking applications are due on August 22nd
- MySchoolAccount.com will allow you to add funds to your child's meal account.
- Medical Forms Make sure you are up to date (Class of 2023 Physical Required)
- 🚌Check Class and Bus Information in PowerSchool
- 💁♀️Volunteer Registration You must do this to volunteer in LMSD schools in any capacity.
- 💲Pay HSA dues to support their efforts on behalf of all students and families
- ❓Confirm/Create your family profile for the school directory
- Sports Physical Form Have it ready for Winter or Spring sports
- ⛹️♀️Check out Harriton Sports & Clubs on Twitter or Instagram
- 💾 Keep Tech Support contact handy: firstname.lastname@example.org and LMSD Helpdesk
- 🚗 Drop Off/Pick Up Spots (prepare for traffic)
We have chickens!
We have a strong Harriton Community!
Scott Weinstein on behalf of the Harriton Faculty and Staff