The Head's Herald
Our "Spirited" Community!
As I finish compiling this month's edition, Homecoming Week is coming to an end. What a wonderful time celebrating as a community! From the themed days to the Pep Rally with Joey the Jaguar and the Chick-Fil-A Cow, the week was full of fun and memorable moments for students, faculty/staff members, and families. We certainly know how to make the most out of Homecoming Week!
Throughout September, Pastor Lynne has preached about the importance of being a community. I have seen that in a plethora of ways, especially this past month.
- We came together for the people in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian; our students were even featured in The Palm Beach Post for making care packages and organizing supplies and donations.
- We ushered in a new school year at the annual Back to School BBQ. Despite being rescheduled and uncertain weather conditions looming, we had amazing attendance and support that evening!
- Our Eighth Graders learned an extremely vital skill that will help them in the community: They became CPR certified! (Follow along on Mrs. Maillet's Health & Wellness blog!)
- We sponsored, participated in, and volunteered at H.I.T. Corp's Relay. Congratulations to Profe Hober and her team for their First Place win, and special thanks to Mrs. Arts, Miss Therien, and Coach Wideroff for representing the St. Joe's team!
- We hosted the 16th annual High School Fair for Middle School students from our area schools to learn about the many offerings available for their next journey.
All of these things--and even more--were completed with the St. Joe's spirit that pervades throughout our community. We appreciate one another, we strive to help others, and we emphasize kindness and love.
To end, I must share something that brings the "spirited community" notion to life. It was during our Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A last week. I was standing by the door--doing my usual welcoming thing--when I glanced around the restaurant and saw families from the ECA all the way up through Eighth Grade sitting at tables, socializing, laughing, etc. I couldn't help but smile. This is St. Joe's. No matter the ages of your children, no matter if you're at the ECA or on the Main Campus, no matter if you're new or a long-time family, you belong to this community--and I am so glad that you are here.
Thank you for a spectacular September, and here's to an outstanding October!
Honor Code Chapel
Our school community pledged to be honest, to be kind, and to be good citizens at St. Joe's this year (and always!) during this annual Eucharist service.
Back to School BBQ
Students, parents, faculty/staff members, and alumni come together every year at this event. It's always a fun time!
Mr. Aubrey and Miss MacPhee couldn't resist posing with the Chick-Fil-A cow after last week's Pep Rally!
Honor Code Chapel
Back to School BBQ
Welcome, Mrs. Pagano!
Please help me welcome Mrs. Dianna Pagano to our St. Joe's family as our new School Counselor! She will be on campus at least twice a week to work with teachers, students, and families. She is very excited to join our community! If you'd like to reach out to her, please feel free to contact her.
We will, of course, miss the irreplaceable Mrs. Smith--who has been with St. Joe's for 14 years! There aren't enough words to thank Mrs. Smith for all that she has done for our community. Just so you know, she was instrumental in finding someone to take over her position. She personally brought Mrs. Pagano to us, and she will help the transition go smoothly.
Episcopal Schools Sunday
Sunday, Oct. 6th, 9:30am
3300 Seacrest Boulevard
Boynton Beach, FL
02 - St. Francis Feast Day Eucharist
04 - St. Francis Awards
06 - Episcopal Schools Sunday @ 9:30 AM (St. Joe's Church)
10 - PO Meeting @ 6:30 PM in Multi-Purpose Room
11 - Middle School Service Day with Travis Manion Foundation
14 - Columbus Day (No School)
15-17 - Middle School Retreats
15 - Food For Families Kick-Off
17 - ECA Parents' Meeting @ 6:00 PM
21-25 - ECA Pumpkin Auction
22 - Gabie STEM Bus (On-Campus Field Trip) - PK through Eighth Grade
24 - SJES Variety Show @ 1:45 PM in Gym
25 - End of First Quarter / Trunk or Treat (5:00 - 7:00)
28 - Second Quarter Begins
29-30 - Dan Heischman (National Association of Episcopal Schools) Visit [Details TBA]
31 - Halloween / Fall Festival (12:00 Dismissal)