PSMS--Newspapers in Education 16-17
Log-in and Password to access the ePost for all PSMS Users
Once logged in, there is a blue question mark button on the top right side of the screen. Click on this. On the left side of the next screen is a folder titled, "Using the St. Louis Post-Dispatch NIE ePost". Information here shows users how to use the tools to read the ePost/newspaper and navigate the site.
2016-2017 School Year Programs, Curriculum, and Activities
- Back to School series (helpful information for parents as students return to school)
- Student Contests--new this year
- St. Louis Cardinals in the Classroom (This year Cards in the Classroom featured six different players talking about overcoming challenges; Seung Hwan Oh, Kolten Wong, Trevor Rosenthal, Adam Wainwright, Mike Matheny and Lance Lynn.)
- St. Louis Blues 50th Anniversary
- Spelling Bee presented by McKendree University
- "A" Student
- Scholar Athlete presented by Maryville University
- Financial Literacy
- Election 2016
- Fire Safety presented by the Professional Firefighters of Eastern Missouri
- Media Literacy (Digital Citizenship Month October 2016)
- October is National Cyber Security Month but this information is always useful. This Newspapers in Education series from Missouri Press, in partnership with The Missouri Bar, teaches young -- and older -- readers how to stay safe, courteous and within the law. Digital Citizenship, was created in partnership with The Missouri Bar and addresses nine themes of Digital Citizenship: access, commerce, communication, literacy, etiquette, law, rights and responsibilities, health and wellness and self-protection.
- Geography Awareness Week (November 15th-21st, 2016)
- Black History Month (February 2017)
- Women's History Month (March 2017)
- Earth Day (April 22, 2017)
- And More!!!
Follow on Twitter@stlNIE
SHARED Google Folder with Sample Content
Leila German and Cory Milles, check out the Blues geography activities.
Maria Flick and Megan Lewis, check out the Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence sample content.
Teresa Politte, check out the Stay Smart about Drugs and Alcohol and Health Literacy Workbook. Debbie Schneider, some of the Health Literacy Workbook content ties to your curriculum too.
Joel Rademeyer and Justin Moulder, look at the Big Muddy sample content.