The CADI Wolf!
CADI Staff, Family, and Community Newsletter
HOME OF THE
Week of November 20th- November 22nd, 2023
"If you don't want to "sweat the small stuff," it's critical that you choose your battles wisely. If you do, there will come a time when you'll rarely feel the need to battle at all"
--- excerpt from Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...It's all Small Stuff by Richard Carlson
With that being said, let's continue to Grind!
Monday - Friday
- Monday, November 20th- Breakfast/Advisory in Cafeteria @ 8:30am- 9:30am
- Tuesday, November 22nd- PLC @ 8:30am- 9:00am
- Tuesday, November 22nd- Whole Team Meeting 3:15 pm- 3:45 pm
- Wednesday, November 23rd- Half-day schedule for students and staff
- Thursday, November 24th- Happy Thanksgiving! No School
- Friday, November 25th- No School
Notes from the Principal
CADI staff continue to be excited about serving your children and students. I ask that you help us to ensure that students are on time (9am) and in uniform every single day. Breakfast is served every morning in the cafeteria from 8:30 am - 9:00 am. Please feel free to call 215-567-2410 and ask to speak with me for any questions or concerns.
Thank you for all you do!
- Monday, November 20th- School Store Opens
- Monday, November 27th- PD/Report Card Conferences- No School for Students
- Thursday, November 30th, Committee Meetings (Prom, Graduation, Yearbook) @ 3:15pm- 3:45pm
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING NON-PERISHABLE ITEMS AND CANNED FOODS TO PARKINSON
- Thank you, teachers, who had their lesson plans turned in to Hudson by 6pm on Sunday.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR GOOGLE CALENDAR DAILY FOR MEETINGS AND UPDATES. Always bring your laptops to meetings.
- Whole team huddles will now be held in the cafeteria on Mondays @ 8:35 am SHARP. Please show respect for your team and be on time. If you are running late, please contact Hudson, Lowery or Roach.
Community Food locator
Community Food Locator: The City of Philadelphia recently launched an update of its
Food Locator feature(https://www.phila.gov/food/). The site incorporates changes that
make it easier for people to find free food at times that work best for them.BenePhilly
Centers and WIC offices are now on the map. Please help us share this updated link with
community members and others to help us combat food insecurity among Philadelphia
children and families. Food sites are categorized as student meal sites, older adult meal
sites, general meal sites, food sites, and locations for assistance with food benefits.
Community Resource Centers
CommunityResourceCenters: There are now five Community Evening Resource Centers operating citywide. The Centers are a community-based prevention tool. Programming, for youth ages 10-17, includes homework support, financial literacy classes, and peer mediation. The Centers offer free, nightly activities between the hours of 7 pm and 2 am, including:
- Photography, cooking, yoga, and video-gaming classes.
- Community service projects.
- Job-readiness training.
- Conflict resolution and violence prevention training.
- Mental health and other needs.
More details, including locations, are available here:
At OIC-CADI, we inspire and challenge the over-age, under-credited population of Philadelphia to gain 21st Century and valuable life skills to graduate with a foundation to thrive in today’s global society.
Every week I will continue to shout out teachers or staff that exemplify the CADI mission.
A few weeks ago, CADI had an Operational Walkthrough. Operational and Instructional staff stepped up to the plate and we stood together as a team. We ended the walkthrough with a vast amount of feedback and valuable information to make our school a better learning community for our students. So this shout-out goes to the entire CADI team for your unwavering commitment. I see you. Thank you, CADI Staff, for your dedication and commitment to the students of CADI.
Core Value Honorable Mentions (R.A.P. S.)
- Shout out to Dr. Scott for demonstrating Respect for our school and verbalizing issues as they come up!
- Shout out to Knowles for demonstrating Achievement by keeping all students on track to graduate!
- Shout out to Parkinson for demonstrating Personal Responsibility by taking charge of our canned food drive!
- Shout out to Leon for demonstrating Success by reaching out for assistance on behalf of his students!