Avirett & Torres 18-19
Week of 11/26/18
11/27 Picture Retakes
12/14 Business Fair
12/20 Polar Express Day
12/21 Holiday Party
Our Learning Targets
Math: We can compare two decimal numbers with digits to the hundredths place, use the symbols >, < and = to show those comparisons, and explain why one decimal number must be greater than or less than another. PACE: We can compare and order two decimals to thousandths and represent comparisons using the symbols >, <, or =.
Science: We can explore competition between plants and draw conclusions about the effect of competition on the food web.
Reading: We can summarize a non-fiction text.
Writing: We can write a procedural text using transition words.
Social Studies: We can identify the accomplishments of Spanish explorers in Texas.
This week's spelling words
Spelling Words: class, surface, common, rising, traced, stripped, slammed, dancing, striped, winning, snapping, begged, dared
Bonus Words: catastrophic, summit, witnessed, violently, devouring
This Week's Homework
Compassion means saying kind words or doing something helpful to show you care about how another person feels.
Having empathy helps you show compassion.
Students will be able to:
Demonstrate expressing concern or showing compassion for someone.
A message from Nurse Jenny
It’s Cold and Flu season
Here are some friendly reminders to help stay virus free this season:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Cover your Cough; Cough and sneeze into a tissue then throw it away, or cough and sneeze into your upper shirt sleeve, completely covering your mouth and nose
- Wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
· Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, and objects such as toys and doorknobs
· Stay at home while you are sickLISD follows the Texas Department of Health Guidelines for illness-related exclusions from school. A student will be sent home if they have a fever of 100.0 Fahrenheit or above or any other contagious symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) and will need to remain home until symptom free for twenty-four (24) hours, and without the use of medications.