WPS BENEFITS NEWS- SPECIAL EDITION
COVID NEWS FROM EMPLOYEE BENEFITS & HEALTH SERVICES
In This Issue:
- COVID Hotline - Reporting Your COVID Situation & Receiving Guidance
- COVID Protocols
- COVID Testing
- COVID Vaccinations
COVID Hotline: Reporting Your Situation & Receiving Guidance
The COVID Hotline is operational again at (316)833-0074 and open during normal business hours between 7:45 AM - 4:45 PM.
While phone calls work best so we can easily exchange information with you, you are also able to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A website form similar to last year will be available within the next week at https://bit.ly/3gdEbbu.
Please report all COVID-related issues to the COVID hotline to ensure you have proper guidance and in order for us to have data on how COVID is impacting our schools.
Situations would include:
- You are experiencing COVID symptoms
- You have received a positive COVID test
- Someone in your household has tested positive for COVID
- You have been in close contact (defined as 10 minutes or more and also within 6 feet) with someone who has tested positive for COVID
- You have or will travel to somewhere listed on the KDHE travel advisory list at https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/175/Travel-Exposure-Related-Isolation-Quaran
- You are providing care to your children who are required to quarantine at home or whose school has gone remote or is closed
Revised COVID Protocols can be found at https://www.usd259.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=34112&dataid=44110&FileName=COVID%20Response%20Protocol%20FINAL%2021-22.pdf
Please understand that these protocols are subject to change based on current guidance.
The protocols will help you understand next steps for the situations listed below; however, the COVID hotline can help guide you through these. Health Services will provide more information as well during situations that involve contact tracing and testing.
- Confirmed case of COVID
- Experiencing symptoms of COVID
- Close contact with a confirmed COVID case at school or in the community
- Household contact of confirmed COVID case
- Travel-related quarantine
Protocols will take into account next steps based on your symptoms, whether you were wearing a mask, and your vaccination status.
WPS is offering FREE COVID testing to all WPS/First Student staff, students, and their household family members through drive-up testing at AMAC.
Testing is available for both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals. This is a fast and convenient way to test with results that will come back timely and supports us being able to stop the spread of COVID within the district.
Testing can be scheduled by appointment only between 8 AM-3 PM Monday-Friday (when school is in session) by calling (316)973-4790.
Full information can be found here:
1st Dose: Friday, August 13th, 3 PM - 7 PM
2nd Dose: Tuesday, September 7th, 4 PM - 8 PM
Use this link to schedule your appointment:
The form below should be completed and brought with you to the Vaccine Clinic:
Easily book and manage appointments with COVID-19 Vaccine - Scheduling Instructions on your phone.
Get the mobile app by opening the camera on your phone and scanning this QR code: