St. Hilary Staff Book Club
to support our year of Wellness!
Do you wish your students behaved more appropriately?
Positive behavior can be taught. The approach to discipline presented in this book helps children develop self-control, understand how positive behavior looks and sounds, and come to value such behavior. With many examples from their own classrooms, three experienced teachers offer practical techniques to help you:
- Establish clear expectations for behavior from day one
- Teach students how to articulate their learning goals for school
- Create classroom rules that connect to students’ goals
- Use techniques such as interactive modeling to teach positive behavior
- Reinforce positive behavior with supportive teacher language
- Quickly stop misbehavior
- Restore positive behavior so that children retain their dignity and continue learning
Rules in School: Teaching Discipline in the Responsive Classroom
Wednesday, April 13th, 3:15pm
St. Hilary School Faculty Lounge
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Wednesdays after school beginning on April 13th
3:30-4:15 - Book discussion
Judi Buzzi and Darcy Riley have both been trained in The Responsive Classroom. Judi will lead the discussion and idea-sharing.
Participants will receive the book: Rules in School: Teaching Discipline in the Responsive Classroom.
We encourage ANY teachers who would like some clear ideas for improving classroom discipline and management to attend this book club! This book contains many great ideas for grades K-8!