Bromley East Charter School
November 5, 2021
Happy November! We have two more weeks before Thanksgiving Break! This weekend is Daylight Savings so remember to “Fall Back” one hour early Sunday morning.
We continue to ask for your assistance and support in following the COVID protocols for students and for visitors to the building. If your child is not feeling well, please keep them home and complete the daily health screener. We also want to remind all visitors to the building that masks are required indoors. Please contact Vicki Miller if you have any questions regarding the COVID protocol for your children.
Thank you for your continued support of Bromley East. It is appreciated!
DATES TO REMEMBER
11/9 6th Grade Fundraiser Kick-Off
- 11/12 Trimester 1 final grades available in Infinite Campus
- 11/10-17 Fudge Fundraiser for Outdoor Ed
- 11/17-19 Fall Awards (Virtual Event for parents)
- 11/19 6th grade Outdoor Ed Permission Slips Due
- 11/22-26 Thanksgiving Break (LC BREAK)
- 11/29-2/25 New Student Enrollment Opens (22-23 School Year)
- 12/4 Girls Basketball & Boys/Girls Wrestling (starts)
- 12/7 Science Fair
- 12/13-16 Holiday Shop (PTO)
K - 2
3 - 5
6 - 8
- 11/8 4:30 Away Game
- 11/9 4:30 Away Game
- 11/10 4:00 Home Game
- 11/11 4:00 Home Game
Please send at least two masks with your student every day.
Mesh masks are not an approved facial covering.
Here is a link to 27j free COVID testing.
If your student is in COVID protocol, their attendance will be updated until their return date. Students cannot return until their quarantine period is complete.
Please be sure to reach out to your child’s teachers to support their educational needs while absent. Live streaming is available for students in grades 6 -8 (for most classes) and can be coordinated by contacting your child’s LEAD teacher.
Drop Off/Pick Up Concerns
We have noticed some safety traffic concerns and would like to send out some reminders:
- Please slow down when around the school campus.
- Cars need to be pulled over to the side of the street for kids to enter and exit the vehicle.
- Please follow the directions of the staff directing traffic as they are there to keep the patrons and drivers safe as possible. Please wait to proceed forward until you have received direction from them.
- If there is an issue with a staff member or our process for handling traffic, please communicate in a respectful positive-intent manner.
- Please avoid distractions when driving around the campus.
- Please continue using the designated grade-zone locations to help with the flow of traffic.
If you have questions, please get in touch with Mrs. Tasha Nichols (Dean of Students)
Fudge Fundraiser for 6th Grade Outdoor Education Trip
We are so excited to offer our 6th grade students the opportunity to attend Outdoor Education this year from April 27 - 29, 2022. The cost of the trip is $180 per student. We recognize during these times that families may benefit from a pathway to reduce the cost of this trip.
Bromley PTO is sponsoring a 6th grade only fundraiser which will run from November 9th - 17th.
The kickoff for the fundraiser will be November 9th during LEAD that will include more specific information.
40% of proceeds from an individual student's sales will be applied to the cost of the Outdoor Education trip. PTO will work in conjunction with BECS Finance Manager, Sam French, to transfer the funds.
Students can share their personal fundraising links via email, text, and social media. Please assist your student in sharing their link and empowering them to raise funds for this amazing experience.
Fudge will be delivered to the school or to the individual's address of choice the week of December 6th, perfect for the holiday season. Details surrounding pickup will be communicated closer to the week of delivery.
To further incentivize students to take advantage of this great opportunity, the class with the highest sales will win a donut party on Friday, November 19th.
The giving tree will be up and available soon. Keep an eye out for more details to come regarding collecting donations and selecting a tag from the tree to purchase a child in need gifts for the holiday.
We know this time of the year can be difficult for families. Local resources have reached out to BECS to assist with getting the word out that help may be available. These same resources are also looking for anyone that would like to donate. BECS has collected the names of families that indicated they could use a hand this year with a Thanksgiving Basket and we will be reaching out to them to collect information about gifts for their children. If you missed signing up the past few weeks for a basket/holiday assistance please take a look at the below resources that may still be available but deadlines are fast approaching.
Please click here for more information regarding Signs of Suicide Middle School Curriculum. Questions please contact Mrs. Renee Atkins, the school counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org).