Issues Facing GT Learners
16 Of The Smartest Children In History
3 BIG Ideas...
- No matter how gifted one is, GT learners still face many of the same struggles as their peers.
- GT learners can have great difficulty adapting to the real world if they aren't given the opportunity to foster and express their "giftedness."
- While many extremely gifted learners have the intellect of an adult, they may also still have the emotional maturity of child.
2 Questions I Still Have....
- How much of a role do family, school, and environment play in gifted learners' success?
- I noticed that they majority of the kids recognized in this article are white males... How can we better identify learners from diverse backgrounds?
1 Action To Take Immediately...
Try my best to carefully navigate the balance between "pushing" a gifted learner to realize their potential and nurture their emotional needs.