Secondary Computer Sci. Bookstudy
Computational Thinking and Coding for Every Student
Our students are avid users and consumers of technology. Isn’t it time that they see themselves as the next technological innovators, too?
Computational Thinking and Coding for Every Student is the beginner’s guide for K-12 educators who want to learn to integrate the basics of computer science into their curriculum. Readers will find
- Practical strategies for teaching computational thinking and the beginning steps to introduce coding at any grade level, across disciplines, and during out-of-school time
- Instruction-ready lessons and activities for every grade
- Specific guidance for designing a learning pathway for elementary, middle, or high school students
- Justification for making coding and computer science accessible to all
- A glossary with definitions of key computer science terms, a discussion guide with tips for making the most of the book, and companion website with videos, activities, and other resources
Momentum for computer science education is growing as educators and parents realize how fundamental computing has become for the jobs of the future. This book is for educators who see all of their students as creative thinkers and active contributors to tomorrow’s innovations.
Learn Coding alongside your colleagues in a fun, engaging way!
- 2/7 3:45-5:45 DO Boardroom
- 2/14 3:45-5:45 WMS Media Center
- 2/28 3:45-5:45 WMS Media Center
- 3/21 3:45-5:00 WMS Media Center
All other sessions will be online and self-paced within the Canvas Course (access upon registration).