September 19, 2023 Board Meeting Updates
2023-24 Budget Presentation
The FY24 final budget was approved by the board. The total operating revenues approximate operating expenses with a slight deficit of $79,734 projected. The FY 24 budget and current 5-year projection keeps us on target to maintain the targeted 25-30% operating fund balance to revenue ratio, while continuing to provide exceptional academic programming, maintaining appropriate staffing levels, and addressing critical repairs and needed upgrades in our buildings.
Changes made to the tentative budget presented in June are highlighted below:
Changes in Revenue:
- Slight Decrease in evidence-based funding resulting from final allocations being released from the Illinois State Board of Education. Decreased by $9,000
- Decrease in the CPPRT (Corporate Personal Property Replacement Taxes) resulting from revised estimates from the Illinois Department of Revenue. Decreased by $20,000
Changes in Expenses:
- Increase in special education private facility tuition expense of approximately $125,000 due to additional enrollments and new registrations.
- Increase insurance benefit expenses of approximately $52,000 after further review of open enrollment data.
- Jaisy Geans - District Office - "Engaged Collaborator"
- Rose Ortiz - Holmes - "Inclusive and Welcoming"
- Karlee Jurczak - Maercker - "Personally and Collectively Responsible"
- Fayana Simms - Maercker - "Personally and Collectively Responsible"
- Amanda Wardzala - Maercker - "Personally and Collectively Responsible"
- TJ Koester - Maercker - "Have High Expectations"
- Becky Merrill - Maercker "Have High Expectations"
- Anthony Sendzimer - Westview Hills - "Passionate and Empathetic" and "Personally and Collectively Responsible"
Leadership Team Reports
- Enrollment, FOIA, and Residency Reports
- Strategic Plan Update
- Staff Culture Survey
- Parent Coffees a Chance to Engage the Community
- Staff Recognitions
- Update on Summer 2024 Planned HVAC Projects
- Transportation Update
- Administrative and Teacher Salary and Benefits Report
- IMRF Compensation Report
Curriculum and Instruction
- Professional Learning Through the Danielson Framework
- Curriculum Resources
- Attendance Focus
District Continuous Improvement
- Multilingual Program
- K-8 Student Enrollment Update
- Preschool Enrollment Update
Routine Monthly Actions
- Approved prior meeting minutes
- Approved Treasurer's Report for August 2023
- Bills & Payroll for September 2023
- Personnel Report
Other Board Action
- Approved FY23-24 Budget
- Approved Strategic Plan Action Steps for 2023-2024
- Approved Resolution Joining Social Media Class Action Lawsuit