Cordata Weekly Bulletin
Good Monday morning, Cordata!
A few fun images from last week:
- Ozobot adventures in 3rd grade
- some beautiful spring artwork
- 5th graders sharing their hard work and talent in the Strings Concert
- Just a few of the 5th grade atheletes sporting their new Cordata shirts at the all-district 5th grade track meet
The week ahead - 6/10 - 6/14
The SEL Calendar, from now through the end of the year, focuses on continuing your class meetings, solving problems as they arise. Those of you using Caring School Communities as your key resource should continue to pull from the Topic Weeks to guide your SEL instruction.
- June 10 - 8:45 a - Show Club performance (includes students from Bennett and Bishop's classes who participated in an after school club)
- June 11 - all Intermediate library books are due
- June 13 - 1:00-2:00 - SGC - Cross grade level SGC meetings - K and 1st; 2nd and 3rd; 4th and 5th
- June 13 - 2:00-3:00 - SGC - Cross grade level SGC meetings - 1st and 2nd; 3rd and 4th; K meeting for class placement
- June 14 - Teacher's Theater!
- June 17 - Please take barcoded items to the library if you are moving or changing grade levels
- June 18 - All staff library materials due
- June 19 - All student laptops to library (with chargers)
- June 19 - Field Day
- June 20 - last day of school - assembly at 8:45 followed by all-school recess and yearbook signing
- June 20 - Last day of school, and All Staff CELEBRATION at Dan's house! (Thanks, Dan, for hosting our crew for a potluck!)
- June 20 - All old staff laptops to the library (with chargers)
- June 21 - All "shinies" (new staff laptops) to the library (without stylus and charger) for summer upgrade unless you did an early upgrade or are planning to take your shiny to the district office for upgrade yourself this summer.
Other News and Information
- The Firm and Kind Committee recommended an update to the SEL calendar, to clearly articulate the progression of lessons, weaving Caring School Community and Positive Discipline and Zones lessons through the fall to set us up for school-wide success. If you are interested in being part of a small team to do this important work, please email Analisa so that we can begin working on dates. You will be paid for your time.
- As a reminder, Wednesday will be the final day for Title 1 reading groups, and there are many important finish-ing up dates regarding the library in the Upcoming Dates section above.
- We have a number of tasks that teachers must do as the school year winds down, including packing up classrooms so that they can be thoroughly cleaned (or so that items can be moved to new locations), completing your curriculum inventory, and returning barcoded items to Susan in the library. I know these take time, and must begin before the school year ends. However please be conscious of the impact on children, and avoid using instructional time for this purpose. Our time with children through the last day is instructional time, so we want to make the most of it!
- Curriculum inventory forms are due soon! Remember, if you are leaving Cordata, you are filling this out for items that you will leave in your classroom for a future teacher. Barcoded items need to be returned to Susan in the library, and she has signs posted for where to place them.