Schoology and Academy District 20
Where Learning Happens │ June 22, 2018
We're Ready to Take Our Next Steps!
Pilot teachers, it's time to login!
- Go to asd20.schoology.com. It's best to use a desktop or a laptop the first time you login. Chrome is the preferred browser.
- For your initial login, use your complete email address: email@example.com
- Subsequent logins will not require your complete email address. Schoology should remember you.
What you’ll be able to do:
Once you login, you’ll be able to both create units, lessons and resources and start your professional learning experience.
What you won’t be able to do:
You won’t be able to create a custom class at the moment. Classes will be imported for teachers from IC later. Don’t worry, creating in Resources is the best practice with Schoology. IC grade integration and parent account access won’t be initially ready, either. As we make progress with those features we’ll communicate updates.
Your first steps:
Your first step will be to join our ASD20 Getting Started with Schoology course. This course will walk you through some of the basics about using Schoology as a Learning Management System.
- Login at asd20.schoology.com
- Click on “Courses” in the top menu bar.
- Click on “See All Courses” at the far right.
- Click the “Join a Course” button on the right.
- Use this course Access Code: 5XK69-CHSJH.
At this time, you’ll only see the beginnings of the course. More units will appear as we progress along our journey.
Were you previously a Schoology Basic user?
Great! We have a special webinar coming soon to help guide you through the transition from the Basic to the Enterprise version.
Want some face-to-face guided help?
Visit the course calendar in Schoology for dates and time of upcoming drop-in support sessions. We're offering face-to-face drop-in sessions next week from 9-11:30 at the EAC, Spruce 3 on the following days:
- Monday, June 25
- Wednesday, June 27
- Friday, June 29
We will continue these sessions weekly throughout summer.
- You’ll use the same login when you’re a teacher for as course and a student in professional learning.
- You are unable to create courses right now. Those will be imported from IC later.
- Create your courses, units, lessons, materials in Resources.
- Contact your DLC regarding any District apps that need to be integrated. They'll submit a Help Desk ticket if it something that can be integrated.
- Having technical troubles? Submit a Help Desk ticket (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject heading "Schoology."
What Does It Mean To Be in a Pilot?
Our Schoology Learning Management System pilot program endeavors to support all staff members who want to join us on our new LMS journey.
Do you want to dive completely into the LMS? We’re here to support you. Do you want to spend the fall or the entire school year lurking and learning about Schoology? We’re here to support you. Are you planning on something between? We’re here to support you wherever you are in the implementation process.
One of the keys to being in a pilot is to remember that this is the beginning of a journey. We’re all learning. You’re learning about the platform and we’re learning about how it works and what you need. We’re hoping that you’ll be comfortable problem-solving and reaching out for help. We’re counting on your feedback so that we can continue to grow and improve this experience.
Keep the questions coming. Keep sending the feedback. Explore our Getting Started with Schoology course in Schoology. Visit us during our drop-in sessions. We’re excited that you’re joining us on this journey!
Learning Services and Digital Integration Services are partnering with Schoology to develop our training program. You will be receiving online and face-to-face learning and support opportunities.
There is an Schoology course available to join (see information above). The course is in continual development as we learn more about Schoology’s features and discover more of our staff’s needs, so keep visiting. Additionally, we will have personalized support for those Schoology Basic users transitioning to our Enterprise version. Our professional learning program will consist of our Schoology course, Getting Started with Schoology, face-to-face opportunities and webinars.
To register for ASD20 Professional Learning credit, go to the SPOT and search for Schoology Support for Pilot Participants: Foundations and Best Practices (1819-017-20).
Anxious to get started? We are, too!
As with any new adventure, there are questions and concerns. We'd love to hear them! Submit your questions, comments and concerns, and we'll do our best to address them in the following weekly newsletter.