LCMS Weekly Staff Newsletter
By Tami Gunet
T is for talented that you surely are
E is for explaining so patiently
A is for the ability to make the class fun
C is for correcting us when we were wrong
H is for helping us in every way
E is for encouraging us to do our best
R is for rare, there is only one of you!
So thank you special LCMS teachers; we think you're great too!
End of Year Conferences:
We will finish up end of year conferences this week with all teaching staff. All TA's and support staff will have their end of year conference beginning the week of May 9. Please know that all teaching staff, TA's and support staff will need to attend a conference, so if for some reason I have over looked scheduling please let me know as soon as possible so I can get you scheduled.
8th grade TUTORING:
8th grade tutoring for Math and Reading re-takes will continue this week, so please make sure the students are sent to their tutoring room. Elective teachers is students are needing to catch up on any work we can pull them the week of May 9 to attend your class or make-up any work missed during their math or reading lab. Please send me the name of those students by the end of the week, so that I can get that scheduled.
Staff End of Year Conferences
Technology Return for END of YEAR!
As we begin planning for the end of the year, please know that we will be collecting all technology (laptops, iPads etc.)for updates and inventory. Once technology has been updated then I will contact you and you can come and check it out for summer use or wait till August to get it once we return for professional development. Please note the district is doing the same thing as with professional development over the summer so that you can enjoy a week in November...more information to come.
* I really need staff to give Mr. Morgan a heads up when you are giving other staff your unused technology so that his inventory can be corrected. For example, I do not use my document camera so I give it to another staff to use in their classroom. I am good with this but it needs to go through Morgan first so that he can update the inventory list. Please let me know if you have questions.
Election Day - Saturday, May 7
On Election Day, LCISD residents may vote at any of the 40 vote centers located in Lubbock County, which includes two locations within the boundaries of Lubbock-Cooper ISD.
Lubbock-Cooper Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Woodrow Rd. and Hwy 87)
Lubbock-Cooper North Elementary School
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (3202 108th Street)
Sundown Middle School Golf Tournament
The Boys and Girls both won at Sundown Golf Tournament.
Here are the results:
* The boys were led by Mason Roberts and Hudson Carper with a score of 38.
* The girls were led by by scores of 49 by Macey Goodblanket, 57 from Kerstyn Byrd and Adi Harrist and a 61 from Holly Curry.
Way to go Pirates and Lady Pirates. Excellent job.
May Calendar Events
- Monday, May 2 - Friday, May 6 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- Monday, May 2 - Happy Birthday Lisa Mears
- Tuesday, May 3 - EOC Exam for Algebra
- Tuesday, May 3 - MS Chior Spring Concert @ PAC (6pm)
- Friday, May 6 - Greater South West Chior Festival @ Amarillo (8am-Midnight)
- Friday, May 6 - Saturday, May 7 - Greater South West Band Festival in Amarillo
- Sunday, May 8 - Mother's Day
- Monday, May 9 - STAAR Math for 6th and 7th graders (8am-1pm)
- Monday, May 9 - 8th grade STAAR Math 2nd Administration
- Tuesday, May 10 - STAAR Reading for 6th and 7th graders (8am-1pm)
- Tuesday, May 10 - 8th grade STAAR Reading 2nd Administration
- Wednesday, May 11 - 8th grade STAAR Science (8am-1pm)
- Thursday, May 12 - 8th grade STAAR Social Studies (8am-1pm)
- Thursday, May 12 - MS Band Spring Concert @ PAC (7:30pm)
- Friday, May 13 - 6th grade Pre-Ath track Meet @ LCMS Track
- Saturday, May 14 - 8th grade Banquet
- Sunday, May 15 - Happy Birthday Lupe Ferrell
- Monday, May 16 - StuCo Dodge Ball Tournament Begins
- Tuesday, May 17 - Mathletics Training
- Tuesday, May 17 - 6th grade Band Festival @ PAC (8am-12pm)
- Wednesday, May 18 - Pathways Training for Math/Science (8:30am) - No Outside PD will be approved!
- Wednesday, May 18 - Baby Mears Baby Shower in Library (4pm)
- Thursday, May 19 - Right Brain Training
- Thursday, May 19 - Pathways Training for SS/ELA (8:30am) - No Outside PD will be approved!
- Thursday, May 19 - LCISD School Board Meeting (7pm)
- Friday, May 20 - 6th grade Class Awards @ PAC (8:30am)
- Friday, May 20 - 7th grade Class Awards @ PAC (10am)
- Friday, May 20 - 8th grade Class Awards @ PAC (11:30am)
- Friday, May 20 - Pirate Pride Day / Dodge Ball Finals
- Sunday, May 22 - Happy Birthday Maria Tarin
- Monday, May 23 - Thursday, May 26 - Spring Final Exams
- Monday, May 23 - Ammons Retirement Reception (4pm-5:15pm)
- Thursday, May 26 - End of 6th Six Weeks
- Friday, May 27 - Teacher Workday - released after End of Year Meeting with Mr. Bryant!
- Monday, May 30 - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 31- 8th grade 2nd Administration of STAAR Result in district!