Compass Classroom News
December 12, 2014
- December 15 - 19 - Food Drive (see below for more information) and Spirit Week (see below)
- December 18 - Holiday Parties
- December 19 - Early Release
- December 22 - January 2 - Winter Break - No School
Shull Food Drive
A Shull leadership team has organized a Fishes & Loaves food drive. The team is asking that you donate canned goods or non-perishables itemsDecember 15-19. The team has planned the following schedule for receiving donations:
Monday : canned soup
Tuesday : canned fruit
Wednesday :canned veggies
Thursday : rice,beans,cereal,noodles
Friday : tooth paste,deodorant,shampoo
Spirit Week December 15 - 19
Tuesday - Festive Day (wear a festive hat or outfit; fix your hair in a festive way)
Wednesday - Mismatch Day
Thursday - Wear Green and Red
Friday - Dress like an Elf
Skills We Are Working On
- Thinking-Win-Win (compromising)
- Being a good friend
- Having a growth mindset
- Reading fluency
- Sight word reading
- Individual goal tracking. Right now we are tracking math and behavior
- Small group science - plants
- Small group social studies - citizenship - we completed this unit!
- Metacognition (thinking about your thinking) and Schema (everything you already know)
- Making Connections
- Following the writing process
- 6 Traits of Writing - especially Ideas and Organization
- Writing a personal narrative
- Third and fourth graders have been working on answering right there questions (the answers are right there in the text)
- Addition and subtraction fact fluency
- Repeated addition, arrays, and multiplication
Road Trip and Safety Plan
Please contact us with any questions!
Next Week's Specials Rotation
Monday - ArtTuesday - Leadership Skills
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - Class Parties
Friday - P.E.
Show and Tell
Students will bring the items to school, share them with their classmates in the Compass Classroom, and then invite a friend from their grade level classroom to share with them.
We are still sending home daily sheets that state your child's color and percentage of points for the day.
Our Goals for Students
1. We want them to be safe.
2. We want them to make friends.
3. We want them to learn.
It is important to us to have high, but realistic, expectations for students. We want them to get to be with their grade level class as much as possible - when they are ready. This timeline is different for each child in our class. Our school district's mission is "Preparing EACH student for a successful and meaningful life." This is something we are all striving and working for.