Nutritional Value in
Oatmeal, Chickpeas, and Chocolate By: Desirae H
There are different types of oatmeal, such as raw oats, (This is what oats look like before the kernels are separated from the hulls and stalks), whole grain oats, (Whole oat are the result of simply harvesting oats, cleaning them, and removing their inedible hulls.), steel cut oats, (When you cut groats into two or three pieces with a sharp metal blade) ,rolled oats (regular or quick/instant), and oat flour (Oat flour is a whole grain flour that can be used in baking, or for thickening soups and stews).
- Oats can reduce a chance of cancer
- If the grain has been processed, the food product should deliver the same rich balance of nutrients that are found in the original grain seed.
- Whole grains are included in oats
- Reduces cholesterol
- Good for your heart
- Help reduce cholesterol
- Promote healthy blood pressure
Provide essential nutrients
Versatile Protein Sources
- Is a legume
Here's the yummy stuff!
There are 4 different types of chocolate: milk, white, and semi-sweet, and dark.
- Dark chocolate has more cacao and less sugar
- Dark is considered healthier than milk and white chocolate.
- Dark chocolate contains lots of antioxidants that help the cardiovascular system by reducing blood pressure.
- Milk chocolate is a fairly recent invention.
- Milk chocolate wasn’t even invented until 1875.
- Milk chocolate was discovered by taking this powder and mixing it with sweetened condensed milk, which had recently been invented by a man named Nestle.
- White chocolate has none of the cacao mass.
- White chocolate is rich with cocoa butter.
- In the United States, white chocolate must contain a minimum of 20% cocoa fat.
- Semi-sweet chocolate is also called bittersweet chocolate.
- There is such a thing as semisweet baking chocolate. It's just sweetened cocoa liquor without the added cocoa butter.
- Semisweet is dark chocolate with less sugar (typically half the amount) than other types.
- Semisweet is usually used in cooking,