Holmsley is a Title I School
Parent Communication Day
Parent Communication Day
Thursday’s are our Parent Communication Days so we ask that you please check all student backpacks every Thursday after school. Thank you!
Bring a Water Bottle
Due to Covid Restrictions, no one is allowed to drink water directly from the fountains.
Doors will open daily at 8:20 AM. Our school day begins promptly at 8:40am.
Attendance is taken daily at 10:15. Please send your child to school everyday.
School Cafe Cafeteria
- SchoolCafé is a safe and secure way for parents to make online payments to their children’s cafeteria accounts.
- School Café also allows parents, students and staff to view and interact with school cafeteria menus, view nutritional analysis, ingredient and allergen information.
- Free/Reduced Price meal applications can also be accessed and completed on School Café.
- Visit www.schoolcafe.com or the SchoolCafe app to apply.
- Call 281-897-4550 or visit the Food Production Center at 11355 Perry Road with questions and for assistance.
- Paper applications are available upon request
*All transportation changes must be made in writing*
Please send a written note to school with the transportation change, student’s full name, teacher’s name, a parent signature and phone number where you can be reached.
In the case of an emergency: parents may fax the school at 281-463-5529 before 3:00 p.m.
Please note: E-mail or phone changes will not be accepted.Please remember students are only allowed to ride their assigned bus to and from their assigned bus stop.
Sign the parent ackowledgement form for the Chromebook 2021-2022
By signing, the parent is indicating that they agree to let their student have a CFISD chromebook for the 2021-2022 school year and that they will return any items if they leave or graduate from CFISD. There is no fee associated with signing the form and it must be completed in order fro a student to receive a CFISD Chromebook.
To access SchoolCash, visit our school website and click on the SchoolCash link.
- Register by selecting the "Get started today" link and fill in the required fields to create your profile or sign into an existing account
- After you receive the confirmation email, click the school cash link and add each of your children to your household account.
- Click each child's name and view items in the student account.
- Check out like you are making a purchase (3 page process).
- View receipt
If you need assistance please call 1-866-961-1803 or email@example.com
Message from the Nurse
Parents, please keep your child home if they are not feeling well. This is very important for everyone's safety.
Parents must screen students daily (prior to entering a school bus or school) for the following signs and symptoms of COVID-19:
1.Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms in a way that is not normal to you?
• Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.00 F
• Loss of taste or smell
• Difficulty breathing
• Shortness of breath
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Shaking or exaggerated shivering
• Significant muscle pain or ache
• Nausea or vomiting
2. Have you had known close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
within the last 14 days?
**Students must stay home if they answer “yes” to any of the above.
· Students at school who show symptoms of COVID-19 at school will be evaluated by the nurse. The nurse will determine whether that child can remain at school.
· Before a student may return to school, established criteria must be met as stated in the “Students Return to School Protocol”. For CFISD safety protocols and options, please read the LEAD safety plan/LEAD safety 2021-2022.
Welcome back, students! We are Ms. Ramsey and Mrs. Brown and we are your Holmsley school counselors. We are looking forward to meeting our newest students.
The School Counselors are available for:
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance
- Referral to community resources and so much more
- Classroom lesson topics address academics, career, and social/emotional skills and are aligned with state and national standards. Our first topic will be Meet the Counselor.
- Throughout the year, we teach skills and strategies in small group settings, allowing students to share ideas and offer support through discussion and activities. Groups include skill-based (social/friendship, study skills, emotion identification/regulation) and social emotional support. Groups are preventative and developmental. Please let us know if you are interested in a small group for your child.
Ms. Ramsey & Mrs. Brown
Holmsley Elementary School
Please contact us by phone, email, or by appointment. We are so glad our Huskies are here!
Message from the Registrar
The school day begins promptly at 8:40 a.m. Students who are not in the building at this time are considered tardy and will be asked to report to the office for an Admit to Class slip. All tardies are considered unexcused after 8:40 am unless a doctor’s note is provided.
When Your Child is Absent
When your child is absent, it is not necessary at the elementary level to call the school to report the absence. Calling will not excuse your child’s absence. You can send a note with the student, fax it to 281-463-5529. If you fax the note, please call us to confirm we received it. Please include the student’s first name, last name, and homeroom teacher on the excuse note. Remember to always send an excuse note with your child within three days when they return to school, explaining the reason for the absence. If your child is sent home by the nurse and is absent any following days, we will need a note to excuse those absences. Under the Mandatory Attendance Law, the state requires a court warning for excessive absences. Any excuse received after three days is considered unexcused and could result in a court warning.
Moving? Withdrawing Your Child from School?
Please notify Ms. Olivarez in the attendance office 24-48 hours before withdrawing your child from school. The withdrawal process goes much faster and smoother with the extra notification. This extra time allows Ms. Olivarez to notify teachers, the librarian, get materials together, etc. A consent form will need to be signed by the parent or legal guardian. You will need these papers to register at the new school.
Are you interested in being a part of our campus Watch D.O.G.S program? This is your chance!
Watch D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, uncles and other father figures who volunteer at least once each year at their child’s school. They change the culture of the school by giving students an opportunity to connect and interact with father-figures in a positive way at school. Your day on campus will consist of different activities including lunch duty, hallway monitoring and spending time in classes.
This year we are only welcoming one volunteer a day.
● To join our program, complete the attached registration form.
● Call or email to indicate which dates you would like to come and serve. Mrs.Parinello will reach out to you with confirmation of your assigned date
281-463-5885- Ask to speak to Audrey Parinello