Drinking and Driving
By: Allyson and Becca
- Future DUI laws - 0 tolerance level for all ages
- NIDA teens start drinking will rely more on alcohol then people who start at the age of 21
- Also adults and teens are more likely to get involved in "drunk driving."
- Teen drivers effected most ( are doing it)
- Drunk drivers - 50% crashes on weekends
What is it?
- When people have consumed to much
- Decide to drive drunk
- Drunk driving is a choice
Effects/Cost of it
- Number reason teens/young adults killed
- Doing it - may cost your life or someone else
- Slim amount that survive for crashes
- If they survive - life isn't the same
- Helps police tell if alcohol is in system - breathalyzer
- Trained to look for watery eyes, droopy eyelids, slow reaction, and dilated pupils
- Tested Positive - arrested, handcuffs, search for weapons, and then jail
- Laws - different in each state - drunk driving
- "Drinking and Driving Is Deadly." N.p., n.d. Web.
- "Laws." N.p., n.d. Web.
- "Testing." N.p., n.d. Web.
- "Drinking and Driving." Teen Health and Wellness. Rosen Publishing Group, Inc., 2013. Web. 23 May. 2013
- "Teen Health and Wellness." Teen Health and Wellness. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 May 2013.
- Van, Tuyl Christine. Drunk Driving. Detroit: Greenhaven, 2006. Print.