Art City Eagles
December 13, 2021
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - email@example.com
It is a fun week at Art City!! This week is always so fun and exciting. There are many holiday activities happening. It's fun to see the Christmas sweaters that staff and students wear each day. Watch for information from your child's teacher for details of activities this week.
Lost and Found: Our lost and found is really piling up! If you are missing a jacket, coat, lunchbox, etc., please stop by and look through the lost and found. Also, please put names on jackets and other personal items. We do try to get them back to the owner if a name is on the label. Once we break for Christmas, all lost and found items will be donated to Tabitha's Way. We simply don't have room to collect all the lost and found items throughout the year.
STEM Club: Amanda Laurendeau is ready to begin our first PTA Art City before school STEM Club for 3-5th grade students. The club will be on Wednesday mornings from 7:40-8:40. There is a cost of $25 per student. If you are interested in in your child participating in STEM Club once each week from January - May, please contact the office as soon as possible. We would love to get a list of kids going so we can begin in January. The $25 club fee will be due in January, before the first meeting.
PE this week: Winter animal walks (for the exercises). Hockey skills
Music this week: K-3rd Dance to "Trepak" and "Chinese Dance" 4-5th Recorder Karate.
Computers this week: Most classes will have earned a free day this week. If they haven't, they will participate in a Christmas Breakout game.
Library this week: It is time to celebrate Christmas with a library Christmas party! We have been learning how different countries celebrate their biggest holidays, and now we will celebrate too! Each grade will have their very own kind of party. We will check out books also, because no party is complete without a good book! Happy Holidays!
Students will be expected to go outside at recess and lunch time unless the air quality is dangerous, the temperature is below 20 degrees or if it is raining or snowing heavily. If you wish for your child to stay indoors, please send a note with them and specify a reasonable time period for them to stay indoors. Being outdoors and having the opportunity to run and play is a much needed and healthy time of the school day.
Don't forget to call the office to sign your child up for STEM Club! Each week we will have fun STEM activities/learning opportunities. The first week of January a schedule of events and dates will be sent home with those third through fifth grade students who have registered.
Dads, father figures, uncles, etc:
Watch D.O.G.S. is back this year at Art City Elementary. Our PTA runs this nationally recognized program to engage and involve dads, uncles, grandparents, and father figures, as active members making a difference in the lives of our students. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of your child’s education in 4 significant ways:
- ENGAGE with Art City Elementary and make a difference
- EMPOWER Eagles with Stand Strong Behaviors
- ENABLE Eagles by helping in classrooms and the playground
- ENCOURAGE Eagles to soar
We understand you are all busy but even an hour or two out of your schedule would help greatly. When you sign up, you will get to spend time in your child’s class. Please click on the link below to sign up to be a Watch D.O.G.S (Dads of Great Students) volunteer
Thank you so much for your willingness to help with this wonderful program at Art City Elementary. Once you sign up you will receive additional information and details about your assignment in the school etc.
If you have any questions, please contact the office or refer to our web page for more information about Watch D.O.G.S. You can also email Pritha Lal at Pritha.Lal@gmail.com for any further information.
We hope to see you soon!
Dec. 17: Last day before winter break - Full day of school
Jan. 3: School Resumes
Jan. 7: Emergency Drill
Jan. 11 Stand Strong Day
Jan. 13: Parent Conferences
Jan. 14: No School
Jan. 17: No School
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
Updated COVID Information: The Utah County Health Department has asked us to share the attached document. It contains information about their updated process for using the “Automatic Contact Tracing” system to notify parents of 6-12 grade families about potential COVID-19 exposure and quarantine. They will also use this system on a more limited basis in K-5 grades.
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. You will either receive a letter or a google form to complete. The letter is a form letter, and will contain recommendations for students in that class. Be aware that letters are sent out to the entire class, not just to those students who are sitting by a positive test result like we did last year.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissal
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center