OVS Lottery Information
2023-2024 Onslow Virtual School Lottery Information
What is OVS?
Onslow Virtual School is a full-time online Onslow County public school that partners with parents to provide students with an engaging, high-quality education in a remote learning environment.
This link will take you to the 'Magnet School' tab on the OCS website. Here you will be able to access the 2023-2024 Lottery Application.
- Clyde Erwin Elementary School: Monday, February 27, 2023: 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Northwoods Elementary School: Monday, February 27, 2023: 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Onslow Virtual School (6-12): Monday, February 27, 2023: 5:00pm-7:00pm
- New Bridge Middle School: Tuesday, February 28, 2023: 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Onslow Virtual School (K-5): Tuesday, February 28, 2023: 5:00pm-7:00pm
OVS Virtual Information Sessions
The Onslow Virtual School staff will be holding two virtual sessions (One K-5 & One 6-12) explaining the ins and outs of OVS to prospective students and their families.
Grades 6-12: Monday 02/27/2023, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm:
Grades K-5: Tuesday 02/28/2023, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm:http://bit.ly/3xGUQiH
So what does OVS offer?
- Live online class sessions every day
- Classes taught by experienced, certified Onslow County Schools teachers
- Extracurricular clubs and activities
- In person school dances (including Prom), events, ceremonies, and graduation!
National Beta State Convention
OVS Beta Club representing at the 2023 Beta Convention!
Junior Class Ring Ceremony
Our OVS Juniors being celebrated at the 2023 Ring Ceremony!
Our 2023 Prom King and Queen!
Our OVS Kindergartners took a field trip to Zing Zumm, Children's Museum of Jacksonville!
Some of our OVS Ospreys being celebrated at our yearly Winter Fest event!
100th Day of School
Ospreys celebrating the 100th day of school!
Characteristics of a Successful Virtual Learner
But do I have to be Tech Savvy to be successful at OVS?
As a virtual school, it is very helpful for students to have talents and skills in the area of technology. But if you have the 7 characteristics above, our teachers and technology facilitators can help you build your tech skills!
What is an OVS Designated Learning Coach?
- The Learning Coach is the parent/guardian or their designee who assists their child in navigating and completing work in the Virtual setting.
- Learning Coaches are not expected to teach the material.
- The learning coach’s role includes supporting their child and assisting them in communicating with their teacher, maintaining pace, providing encouragement, and notifying their child’s teacher if an issue arises.
- The responsibilities of a Learning Coach will vary depending on the age and ability level of their child.