The Week Ahead Memo
State Road Elementary School
Monday, March 09, 2015
Events This Week!
on Monday afternoon for Ad Council
on Friday morning for a CPI Refresher Training
Grade Fixes for the Year!
As a reminder, our “Grade Fixes” that we agreed to pilot for this school year are:
▫ Fix 1: Don’t include student behaviors in grades; include only achievement
▫ Fix 5: Don’t consider attendance in grade determination; report absences separately
▫ Fix 6: Don’t include group scores in grades; use only individual achievement evidence
"Grading" SI Action Team Requests:
- As a staff, we are going to focus on one fix per month
- For this month, please read Fix #6: Don’t include group scores in grades; use only individual achievement evidence. Please read pp. 52-56 and provide your feedback to either Gabe or Callie. It is actually very easy reading and we do value your comments as we used them to lead our discussion.
We will compile and share this feedback at our January team meeting and with the rest of the staff.
Observation / Evaluation Process Update
Round 3 of Observations have started! Our 'Noticings’ and ‘Wonderings’ sections will focus on the Dimension of (A) Assessment for Student Learning.
- Observations - We will again conduct a minimum of 3 observations for the year (district continuity).
- Observations Time - These will be 15-30 min of lesson scripting and another 15 minutes of coding.
- I should be able to access or view your daily lesson plans with assigned standards.
- A difference from last year is that all observations will be unannounced (law compliance and district continuity).
- We will have a Dimension focus during observations (up to two dimensions). The dimension focus areas will be the areas that Noticing’s, Wonderings, and Analysis will be derived.
Culture of Learning
5 week series: 5 Things to do Instead of Complain by Jon Gordon
Quote of the week...
What's Happening Next Week?
- Kindergarten Registration Day is Thursday, March 19 from 7:30am - 7:30pm at the Board Office
- The Fenton Ed Foundation Poker Tournament has been postponed until April
- Our next Popcorn Day is Friday, March 20
- 5th Grade IB Exhibition is Tuesday, March 24 from 4:30-6:00pm
- The next Input for Improvement Meeting will be Tuesday, March 24 from 7-8pm right here at State Road
DOWN THE ROAD...
- Intervention Meetings will be Thursday, March 26 during your planning time
- Our next Leo's Family Night is Thursday, March 26. Kindergarten will be our hosts!
- Friday, March 27 is the end of quarter 3!
- P/T Conferences begin Monday, March 30 (see schedule below)
- Spring Break is April 3-10.
Spring Parent / Teacher Conferences
Wednesday, April 1, 4:30-7:30pm
Thursday, April 2, 12:00-3:00pm (Half Day for Students; dismissal at 11:55am)
- The above nine (9) hours must be made available on your conference sign-up schedule (additional time may be added before/after school, etc.)
- Please include me on your letter or email/link to parents!
- I will have a parent letter re: conferences ready to send home sometime tomorrow.