#14 : Gallery Walks
HOW ARE THEY USED?
2. Students move around the classroom to view each project
3. Peers read and respond with comments or questions to classmates' projects using sticky notes/comment sheets
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
Purpose of gallery walks
- Immediate response to a student's project- A quicker way for students to share their work to the class
- Students are more motivated when the entire class sees their work, rather that just the teacher
- Students receive feedback from several viewpoints
- Learn new ideas from each other
- Model how to behave during a gallery walk
- Can be used in a different way as an inquiry learning opportunity!