Jamf Parent Setup Instructions
How to get started with the Parent app.
Restrict Device Functionality
Allows you to hide certain Apple apps from the student device.
1. Tap Restrict Device Functionality.
2. Toggle the ON/OFF switch next to the app you would like to turn OFF.
3. To allow the app back, toggle the ON/OFF switch back to ON.
NOTE: Some apps have already been restricted to OFF at the school level.
Enable App Lock
NOTE: If you only allow ONE app, that app will launch on your student's device and they cannot exit the app until the App Lock time ends.
1. Tap Enable App Lock.
2. Set the timer and tap the apps you want your student to have access to (a check mark will appear next to the apps you select).
3. To turn off the App Lock before time ends, tap Disable App Lock in JAMF Parent.