Jamf Parent Setup Instructions
How to get started with the Parent app.
1. Download the JAMF Parent app from the App Store.
1. Visit the website
You can save this link as an icon on your home screen.
- Launch “Chrome” app.
- Open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
- You'll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
2. Login Details
Restrict Device Functionality
Allows you to hide certain Apple apps from the student device.
1. Tap Restrict Device Functionality.
2. Toggle the ON/OFF switch next to the app you would like to turn OFF.
3. To allow the app back, toggle the ON/OFF switch back to ON.
NOTE: Some apps have already been restricted to OFF at the school level.
Enable App Lock
NOTE: If you only allow ONE app, that app will launch on your student's device and they cannot exit the app until the App Lock time ends.
1. Tap Enable App Lock.
2. Set the timer and tap the apps you want your student to have access to (a check mark will appear next to the apps you select).
3. To turn off the App Lock before time ends, tap Disable App Lock in JAMF Parent.