Your Weekly Update from Natick High School
The Senior Halloween tradition of coming to school in costume, was in full swing this past Monday. It is always interesting to see the creativity and thoughts behind the students costumes. Some had individual themes, and some students chose groups themes, and some chose not to participate. Regardless of what the students chose, they were respectful of the school environment and of each other throughout the day. We finished the day with a class photo in the gym, and an ice cream social in the dining hall. Thank you, Seniors for making it a fun and interesting day.
Have a great weekend!
Natick High School
THE WEEK AHEAD - Spirit Week for Unified Basketball
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7 - RED 1 - Movie premier VS Going to the movies day- Either wear something super fancy or wear your pjs!!
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8- BLUE 1 - RED OUT FOR GAME DAY DRESS IN ALL RED!!!
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9 - RED 2 - DECADES DAY- Wear something from any decade
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10 - BLUE 2 - Twin day- Match with someone or a group of people
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11 - NO SCHOOL VETERAN'S DAY
STUDENT HIGHLIGHTS - RedHawk Pride -
STUDENT HIGHLIGHTS - RedHawk Pride - Speech and Debate Team
On Saturday, October 29, the Speech & Debate Team brought a small contingent of students to the Revere High School Tournament. The team placed first in the Small School Sweepstakes Division.
Congratulations to: Lauren Applegate - 3rd Place in Children's Literature Reading & 5th Place in Impromptu Speaking Connor Federico-Grome - 3rd Place in Prose Reading Riley Forslund - 5th Place in Novice Oral Interpretation Christopher Gagliardi - 2nd Place in Congressional Debate JJ Gilbert - 3rd Place in Dramatic Performance Nathan Moldover - 4th Place in Congressional Debate Ben Scharr-Weiner - 11th Place in Congressional Debate
Congratulations to the Team!
Hugh O'Brien Youth Leadership (HOBY) Seminars
For many years, Natick High sophomores have been attending the Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) Seminars. HOBY is one of the nation's foremost nonprofit youth leadership development organizations whose mission is to inspire and develop a global community of youth and volunteers to a life dedicated to leadership, service, and innovation.
Each Spring, HOBY conducts Leadership Seminars throughout the United States and around the globe.
The 2023 Massachusetts HOBY Seminar will be held in June 2023 at Bentley University. This high-energy, three-day program will focus on three phases of leadership: personal leadership, group leadership, and leadership for society.
Morgan Davis, Donnie Guglielmucci, and Kinslee Starling were selected to serve as HOBY Ambassadors this academic year from a competitive pool of students who responded to an essay prompt.
Congratulations, Morgan, Donnie, and Kinslee!
Reminders and Important Points
2) Students are not permitted to take tele health appointments in the building during the school day. If a student has a medical appointment in person or through tele health, they will need to be dismissed from school during that time. The absence is excused with documentation,.
Host a Teacher from Starfish International
We are looking for two Natick families to host for about four months apiece, generally to coincide with the two semesters. For more information, please read more here...
MassBay Community College Field Trip - Nov. 8
Seniors, if you're interested in learning more about Mass Bay Community College, join NHS Guidance on a free field trip on Tuesday, Nov. 8. We'll take a bus to Mass Bay's Wellesley campus, tour the school, meet with Admissions for an information session, and learn about athletics and academic programs. At the end of the visit, all students will have an opportunity to apply for admission to Mass Bay.
To attend, see your Guidance Counselor, or Mr. Garry in Guidance, for a permission form.
ATTENTION CLASS OF 2024:
1. Class merchandise is now on sale! Click on the link below to get your official Class of 2024 Sweatshirt, T-Shirt, Crewnecks, and Lanyard. The process is easy and you can pay with a credit card. They also make for great holiday gifts! The online store closes on November 10th, so place your orders soon! Please email any of your class officers (Kenzo, Ava, Ryan, or Lily) if you have any questions or concerns. Here is the link to the online store: https://matt95245.wixsite.com/nhs2024
2. Class Dues! For those of you who have not yet paid your Class Dues, please make sure you do so as soon as possible. Class Dues are a one-time $100 payment -- if you pay the dues, then you can enjoy all of the upcoming class events, such as Boat Cruise and Senior Prom. Class Dues can be paid with cash or check (made out to NHS Class of 2024). Email any of the class officers if you have any questions or concerns."
Updates from the Athletics Department
For all of our Athletic teams schedules, information on how to buy tickets for games, and our school spectator and user guidelines, please REFER TO THIS PAGE.
FALL SPORTS PLAYOFF GAMES
WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION OPENED FRIDAY OCTOBER 7.
Please refer to the following document, to find out how to register and when you need to register by.
Wednesday, November 9 at 7pm via Zoom
For parents, caregivers, and community members of all ages
Please join SPARK Kindness for this important program in advance of Kindness Week and as part of our ongoing commitment as a community to practice kindness, respect, and justice for all! All are welcome! This program will address how to raise children who work to promote justice, compassion, and belonging for themselves and others. Dr. Traci Baxley will discuss the principles of Social Justice Parenting and offer strategies for implementing these values into your daily life. Simultaneous ASL and Portuguese Language Interpretation will be provided at this event.
AP Exam Registration
Natick High School 2022 - 2023 AP® Exam Registration Now Open
Registration Dates: September 30, 2022 - October 31, 2022
Cost: $101 per exam
*$10 Late registration fee: November 1, 2022 - November 6, 2022
Note: These exams are intended for students who are currently enrolled in an AP course at Natick High School or have prepared for exams independently.
Contact our AP Coordinators listed below with questions.
Guidance Department Bulletin
Thank you to our PTSO for their ongoing support to our students and faculty. Our PTSO is looking for more volunteers to assist them with their work for the school year. You can learn more about the NHS PTSO, and how to get involved by visiting their website. Thank you in advance for your help!
You can subscribe to their monthly newsletter at the top of their webpage.
Reminder for Parents Who Want to Volunteer--CORI Checks
Reminder If you want to volunteer in schools, you must have a CORI check conducted and you must go into the building with identification (drivers license or passport) to do this. Click here for description of what a CORI check is and does. Without a CORI check, you cannot volunteer in the school. Here is the form to fill out for a CORI.
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5