PRE-K 4 NEWS!
JUAN DIEGO ACADEMY MAY 3, 2016
It is amazing how fast time goes by as we enter May already! Thanks to all of you for coming to the Spring Fling last Saturday. I hope you had a wonderful time dancing with your children. Unfortunately, I could not attend because I had some training in Bellevue last Friday and Saturday. This week is going to be kind of busy for the different celebrations we are going to have. One of them is the Crowning of our Blessed Mother Mary and the baptism at the all school Mass, our small Cinco de Mayo party (Thurs) and the breakfast for all PK-4 Mothers on Friday.
• Thursday - May 5th we will have May Crowning with the Baptisms of three of our students Lucy, Anderson and Flynn. All children are asked to bring fresh flowers, as they will process up to the altar with the flowers. Also, one of our special 8th graders will crown the statue of the Blessed Mother!
• Friday May 6th Mother’s Day Breakfast. All mothers are invited if you can’t attend, you can send one relative (grandma or auntie) to be with your child during this celebration.
• Saturday May 7th Please join us to celebrate the 2nd and 3rd Graders' First Holy Communion. It will be held during the 5 pm Mass.
• Saturday 7th, Our Gala celebration at 7 pm in Holy Rosary Auditorium.
• Thursday May 26th field trip to the Point Defiance Zoo.
• June 16 Our Program of the End of the Year.
Oral Language/Science. We are going to talk about insects Let’s Find Out/Mi Weekly Reader! We will talk about Bugs – Insects and ¡Luciérnaga!-Firefly! Animal characteristics and life cycle. Reading-Aloud “Edie’s Backyard Bugs” – “Los insectos del jardín de Edie”.
Math. Number and Operations. Addition with digits from 1 to 9. Trace number 10.
Religion. Jesus Returns to Heaven. This lesson will focus on Jesus’ “good-bye” to his friends as he ascended to his Father in Heaven. The children will be reminded that Christ will come again at the end of time.
Estrellita Phonics: Review all letter sounds to begin the lesson. The letters F, f is our focus for this week again due to the different letter sounds it makes when paired with different vowels (foco, fuente). Children will learn new words that begin with these consonant sounds. Children will be tracing and writing the letter forms and learning songs related to the letter sounds.
Have a wonderful week AND A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OUR MOMS!!!
Sra. Raquel L., Sra. Farías and Sra. Laura P.