Thought for the Week

Engaging and encouraging debate and discussion.

Turning a failure into a success, building resilience.

Last week the country and the world watched as the Scottish people voted in a unique referendum to decide whether to become an independent country. 55% of Scotland's citizens voted 'No', they preferred to remain a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. For their First Minister and the other 45% of the Scottish population this was a huge setback in achieving a dream they still believe in. First Minister Alex Salmond has even decided to leave his position as leader of the Scottish National Party and as First Minister.

How would you feel about having your say from 16?

Can you look for learning points and positives in the 'failures' you are involved in?