Watershed & Ocean Ecosystems
What are ocean ecosystems & watershed?
Well, ocean ecosystems are Marine ecosystems that are among the largest of Earth's aquatic ecosystems, salt marshes, intertidal zones, estuaries, lagoons, mangroves, coral reefs, the deep sea, and the sea floor. A Watershed is an area or ridge of land that separates waters flowing to different rivers , basins , and seas.
5 Ways Humans Negatively Affect Watershed & Ocean Ecosystems
- Oil Spills
- Construction Pollution
Ways Humans Can Positively Affect Ocean Ecosystems & Watershed
- Over-Fishing : Only buy seafood from retailers.
- Oil Spills : Dawn made up over 1,000 volunteers to help clean animals that were covered in oil.
- Littering : Community Service volunteers (Chain Gang) clean up trash that's left everywhere.
- Pollution : Recycle oil , antifreeze , batteries , fertilizer , pesticides , and other chemicals and materials as much as possible.
- Construction : Controlling water runoff from construction sites.
Cause & Effect
All of this is basically cause and effect. We , the humans , do things to cause pollution and that's when the ocean ecosystems get effected. Mostly negative ways , but as I listed here , we can work together as one and make the world a better place. :)
Filthy waste in a watershed.
Chemicals from a construction site going into a watershed.
Do something to help the world become a better place.