The Eagle's Nest
Week of October 19
Happy Sunday Families!
Welcome to the second nine weeks of school! We've just finished our first grading period and report cards go home this week. Please continue to encourage your child to complete all of their assignments and to turn them in, on time.
Second and third grade students will begin coming back to school four days a week on Monday! We look forward to seeing their smiling faces and having the opportunity for direct instruction several days weekly.
As we transition back to four day weeks, it's even more important to value being on time and arrive before 8am. In addition, students' dismissal is at 2:55; please be on time for this.
Our second PBIS celebration will be held the last week of October and students can look forward to making their own pumpkins and having some fun!
On Friday, October 30, students may wear their fall or Halloween shirt at no cost, they may purchase prepaid popcorn to enjoy that day for $1. Slips will come home with students on Monday to purchase.
We've finished our celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month and next week we'll begin a two week celebration of Jamaican culture. We have two teachers from Jamaica on staff, Mr. Wisdom and Ms. Kelly, who are eager to share their heritage with us.
We have four important reminders for you this week:
1. Health Screenings are due by October 30th for Kindergarten students and those who have transferred to Clyde Erwin from out of state. Students who have not returned these forms will not be allowed to come to school on November 2nd. Students can return the day the health screening is returned.
2. Students will have a practice fire drill this week.
3. Report cards go home on Thursday, Oct. 22 for Cohort B and Monday, Oct. 26 for Cohort A.
4. Students who are not logging onto the computer on their remote days and not completing work for their teachers will be marked absent.
Online School Payments
We are asking that all student fees be paid online. Payments are quick, simple and there is no convenience fee or surcharge.
Parents who use School Cash Online have the ability to:
- Keep track of their child's school items and activity fees.
- Stay connected by receiving email notifications of new fees.
- Check their account history.
- View and print receipts.
- Pay for school fees any time, anywhere, with a simple click.
- Easily link and access all students in a household.
- Make payments using Visa or Mastercard.
Visit https://onslow.schoolcashonline.com/ to pay your students fees.
If you are unable to pay student fees, please request a waiver from your child’s teacher.
All students K-5 will pay $31.00 for school fees, including the $25.00 device fee.
Important October Dates
Oct 15: End of the grading period
Oct 22: Report Cards go home (Cohort B)
Oct 26: Report Cards go home (Cohort A)
Oct 26-Oct 30: Red Ribbon Week
Oct 30: Wear a Fall or Halloween shirt, popcorn for sale $1