Friday, March 11, 2016
Working together with families in a partnership of teachers, staff and community members to provide an individualized learning environment that fosters high achievement in core and elective areas; preparing students for life-long success.
PI Day (3.14)
FPCS Student Mikayla Gyfteas Places 1st in San Francisco
Mikayla recently returned from a trip to San Francisco where she competed in the Youth America Grand Prix semi-finals and took 1st place out of 60 students in her division for Classical Ballet with the solo variation 'La Esmeralda' performed in pointe shoes. Mikayla will be traveling to New York City at the end of April, where she will compete against finalists from all over the world who also placed within the top 3 in each of the semi-finals held throughout 6 different international countries and 17 US cities.
CONGRATULATIONS Mikayla and we wish you all the best during your travels to the finals in New York!
CLASS OF 2016 GAME NIGHT
Bring your favorite table game and a snack to share.
Mark your calendars:
- Friday, March 18 at the Taymans: 12031 Foreland Circle, 522-0051 (Off Klatt)
- Friday, April 15 at the Urcels: 6910 Burlwood, 99507 (off Lake Otis)
Annual ASD Spring Lottery is here
The Application window is now open for the 2016-2017 lottery. Applications will be accepted until March 24, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
- Have you registered your incoming Kindergarten or 1st grader for the lottery?
- Do you know a high school student who is interested in taking college/university classes while earning credits toward graduation? Did you know, FPCS allotments can be used to pay for qualifying 100 level or higher classes at UAA and APU?
- If you have a current student at FPCS you DO NOT need to fill out the lottery application.
- Do you know a homeschooling family interested in enrolling at Family Partnership for the 2016-17 school year? We hope that you will proudly recommend FPCS to your friends and family.
CALLING FOR CANDIDATES
FPCS will hold it's annual election for the Academic Policy Committee at our End of Year Celebration on May 10, 2016. There are five APC seats set to expire at the end of the 2015-16 school year.
Parent Seat A (currently held by Pete Johnson)
Parent Seat D (Curently held by Robert Barton)
Teacher Seat B (Currently held by Happy Chronister)
Student Seat (Curently vacant)
Student Shadow Seat (Currently vancant)
To declare your candidacy, please fill out the Candidate Questionnaire form and return it to the APC Elections Committee Chair, Robert Barton no later than April 30, 2016.
ESSENTIAL INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES
OPPORTUNITIES for STUDENTS
Young Women in Pubic Affairs Award
Women, ages 16-19 on April 1st each year living in a Zonta district/region, or a citizen of a Zonta country, who demonstrate evidence of the following are eligible to apply.
- Active commitment to volunteerism,
- Experience in local or student government, or workplace leadership (paid or unpaid),
- Volunteer leadership achievements,
- Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs,
- Support for Zonta International's mission of empowering women worldwide through servie and advocacy.
Application Deadline: March 25, 2016
More information & Applications can be found at:
- The Zonta Club of Anchorage: email@example.com
David Warren Cuddy Scholarship
Two $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and student leadership
- The award must be used for the school year immediately following graduation,
- Applicants must plan to attend a four-year college or university,
- Applicants must submit a letter of application detailing his or her academic achievement and evidence of leadership. The letter should be addressed to the superintendent and be no longer than three pages,
- Applicants should also attach two letters of recommendation from individuals (not family members) who know the student well and can speak to their academic and leadership attainment,
- Applications must be submitted to the school principal by March 28, 2016.
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMM...
IMPORTANT DATES - EVENTS - DEADLINES
- March 14-18 - Spring Break
- March 24 - Online Lottery Application Deadline (5:00 p.m.)
- March 28 - NHS Induction Ceremony (6:30 - 8:00 p.m. at the BP Energy Center)
- Mach 29 - April 8th AMP testing at the ASD Ed Center (for more information check your AMP Smore sent on March 4th).
THANK YOU FPCS SCHOOL BUSINESS PARTNERS
524 W. Fourth Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
151 W 100th Ave,
Anchorage, AK 99515
3101 Penland Pkwy, Ste K18
Anchorage, AK 99508