St. John-Emmanuel Lutheran School
"Sharing Christ through Academic Excellence"
Week of January 28, 2019
School Calendar of Events
Jan 27- Open House @ Soest from noon-3pm
Jan 27-Feb 1- National Lutheran Schools Week
Feb 1-3 - Boys Lafayette Basketball tournament
Feb 2- Varsity girls LSAA tourney begins
Feb 5- Staff PD Day and E-Learning Day
Feb 15- TLSP Staff PD Day and E-Learning Day (make up for Nov. 15th)
Feb 16- Bridge Design Competition @ CLHS
Feb 18- President's Day- Parent Drive day (make up for Jan 23rd)
Feb 19- School board meeting 7pm @ Soest
Feb 24- School Association meeting @ Soest 2pm
Lutheran Schools Week- See Schedule/lunch menu etc below
This week we are praying for...
Scott/Lara Moake, Cortney & Corbin
Matt/Haley Moon-Orcutt, Rhyse & Tatum
Basketball Schedule for This Week
Monday: JV boys game 6pm @ St John
Tuesday: Varsity boys LSAA game 5:30pm @ St Pete's FW
Wednesday: Varsity girls LSAA game 5:30pm @ Concordia Lutheran
Friday: Varsity boys to St James tourney 6:15 game, JV boys tourney 7:20pm @ Bwthlehem Ossian
Mid-Year Climate Survey- Please Take Time to Complete
Please take a couple of minutes to complete. The results will be published to the school board at its February meeting.
Here is the link: https://goo.gl/forms/ZD2rea5q6cQPOoI73
St James Tournament Information
It’s finally here! The St. James tournament in Lafayette starts this Friday February 1st! Their first game is at 6:15pm on Friday night.
As has been the tradition, this Friday we will have a pep session for the varsity boys’ basketball team in the St. John gym. The details are outlined below:
The Soest kids will be picked up by the bus at Soest at 12:00pm
Friday is Black and Gold Day. Wear your SJE Tiger gear to show your school spirit!
The Pep session will begin in the St John gym at about 12:15 and end at about 1:30pm
Pickup at end of day:
All Flatrock students will be dismissed from their usual door.
Soest kids will be taken back and go home from there at the end of the day.
If you are planning on leaving early (before the end of the school day) for Lafayette, you are free to do so. All I ask is that you please let your child’s teacher know and sign them out in the office before you leave. Leaving early for Lafayette will be counted as an unexcused absence based upon what time you leave.
School will resume as normal on Monday morning. If you were in Lafayette for the tournament and you choose to keep your child home, it will be counted as an unexcused absence.
Lutheran Schools Week Schedule
- Monday- PJ Day-dress code rules apply (Indiana Wild @ both campuses in AM)
- Tuesday- Decades dress day (50's, 60's, 70's etc)- dress code rules apply
- Wednesday- Dress Your Best Day-(Bap Remembrance @ Flatrock)
- Thursday- Book Character Day- dress code rules apply
- Friday- SJE Tiger Gear Day (also Lafayette pep session from 12:15-1:30)- Soest kids P/U from Soest
- Monday (NLSW extended) - Talent show at Soest 1pm- All kids (bus AND car) go home from Soest
Lutheran Schools Week Special Lunch Menu
Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Strawberry Shortcake Cookie
Breaded Pork Tenderloin
Celery with peanut butter
Ice Cream (vanilla)
- The carnival is still looking for volunteers for this spring. Whether you need volunteer hours or not, please consider signing up to help. Here is an easy link to do so: http://signup.com/go/XFPpqJj
- All Parents: The PTL will need a carnival chairperson for the 19-20 school year. If you are interested, please talk to Stephanie Foster.
- Room parents: Carnival baskets need to be finished the week before spring break.
SJE Make Up Days
February 18th is the last make up we have. Any more will now be added to the end of the school year.
SJE Kindness Week Coming
Volunteering at SJE
Please note the info in bold below and see where you might be able to help/volunteer. If you have not yet volunteered this year, please consider doing so.
**Please note that your volunteer hours this year (18-19) will reduce or eliminate up to $400 of the tuition increase/student set for the 19-20 school year.***