BW HAL Services
A Support System for Teachers by Teachers
Teachers, We Need Your Input...Strategy Reports due by May
- Sharing Successful Individual Strategies: Similar to an IEP, documentation is required for services provided to HAL students. Since the bulk of our services at the high school are provided in the classroom, teachers will need to submit strategies that they have used with their HAL students. We will be sending you the same, simple form from last year to make this an easy and quick process.
- Teachers will have until May to complete these forms for their HAL students.
- Want to Generate a list of all of your current HAL students?
-log in: first name.last name
-generic password (if you haven't changed it): password
-click on "student demographic explorer" (on the left side menu)
-scroll over to "gifted"
-click the icon next to gifted and select "yes" to filter
-This will produce an alphabetized list of your HAL students
- Directions For Accessing Individualized "HAL Services Information" in Power School:
- HAL Registration Forms: All HAL students should have received a Registration form during GPS last week. Students may be coming to consult with you regarding their upcoming registration. On the form that we have provided them, students will be filling in their class choices. Please review their choices and include your own input on the classes that they have selected. Encourage rigor and growth mindset as the bulk of HAL services occur in the advanced level classes. It is of utter importance that these students are placed appropriately. We have attached links to the registration forms for each grade level at the bottom of this newsletter.
- Peer Tutoring Center: Please consider sending a student who is struggling to the peer tutoring center. This can be an effective resource for students who have been absent or need additional help on a topic. If you want to sign a student up for tutoring, send an email to Menard or Brewer as well as their GPS teacher. Also, please send as much information as you can with the student (specific tasks, previous homework or quizzes).
Click on the link above to open a google form where you can enter strategies you have used with each of your current HAL students. Please complete this with each HAL student you have by MAY. Thanks for your support.
Feature Video: Teaching Strategies for Gifted Students in Mixed Ability Classrooms
Need help with a differentiation strategy? Have concerns about a specific student identified to receive HAL Services? Do you have a general question about BW HAL Services that we could answer or direct you to someone who can? CLICK ABOVE