Longfellow Elementary School
Avoid the Summer Slide
Summer is a time to have fun! If you are bored, look up ideas online for fun things to do. I found 101 ideas at a website called care.com, but there are many others. Here are some of those and my own fun ideas of things to do that involve reading, writing, speaking, and listening:
- Write a play and act it out. Record it so it will last forever!
- Start a collection and document it in a journal.
- Go on a nature hike, take pictures, then write about your fun day, or makeup a cool story, create a guidebook, etc.
- Write and illustrate your own book. You can publish using an online site like IlluStory.
- Go hiking and then make a collage from the objects you find.
- Interview an older relative about what life was like when they were young.
- Sidewalk chalk art.
- Visit a museum.
- Have a board game night.
Remember our motto: G.R.R.
Grit. Respect. Responsibility.
We are the Panthers,
The mighty, mighty, Panthers!
We have grit!
We are responsible! And,
We respect one another!