ELC Weekly Connection
A four day week!
I hope you all had a restful three-day weekend. Enjoy the short week!
- The Counseling and Assessment Center: both the Assessment and Wellness clinics are busy with clients.
- The planning for the Super Saturdays is underway, including a radio interview on WCBJ and advertisement in the Racer Nation Information.
- The Ed.D. program has a 100% retention rate for their first year cohort.
- Dr. Richard Dodson and Dr. Johan Koren have each had recent publications. Great job!
- Thank you to Dr. Bakes, Dr. Patel and Dr. Pender Baum for representing the Counseling Program at the Western Kentucky Counseling Association annual meeting. Their attendance demonstrates our commitment to the region.
Excellent work all!
Announcements & Reminders
- To help advocate for our programs/students, please take some time to respond to this ELC Recruitment Efforts survey. Dr. Lyons would like this information by September 14th. Thank you.
- It's time to choose the forms for your course evaluations. Please let me know which form you'd like to use for which course. The deadline is Friday, September 16th. I have the forms listed below.
- Midterm grades are due through myGate on October 9th by 10:00 am. Midterm grades are not required for graduate level courses, but if you have any students that are struggling, it's a good idea to identify them. Please let me know if you have concerns.
- The last day to change an Incomplete ('I') grade from the previous spring/summer semester is October 15th. Please contact your students to make sure they're on-task for that deadline.
- The first CoEHS Graduate Studies meeting is September 23rd and the following Academic Council meeting is September 24th. If you have any program or course changes, please start working on the required paperwork. It would be best to get the changes through with plenty of time for the Bulletin drafts.
- Please review the current 2015-2016 Academic Bulletin for the language in your program content and course descriptions. Let me know of changes that need to be made. The first draft for the 2016-2017 Bulletin comes out sometime in October.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, Dr. Dunham will host the annual ELC gathering on September 19th, starting at 5:00 pm. To help with the planning, please let me know if you plan to attend and how many individuals will accompany. A side dish or dessert is appreciated. You can let me know here: 2015-2016 Annual ELC Gathering.
Course Evaluation Forms
- Form A Small Lecture/Discussion
- Form B Large Lecture
- Form C Seminar/Discussion
- Form D Problem Solving
- Form E Skill Acquisition
- Form F Quiz Section
- Form G Lectures/Assignments
- Form H Lab
- Form I Distance Learning
- Form I1 Web/Online - no link
- Form J Clinical/Studio
- Form K Project/Studio
- Form X Educational Outcomes