New Bridge ~ Ensuring all students achieve academic excellence through relevant learning in Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math!
Happy New Year to all of you! I truly hope you've had a fabulous holiday with your families. Before we left for break, we were hard at work with academics, attendance, and developing our social skills. We focused on kindness during the month of December along with ways to problem solve in our relationships with others. Teachers completed a "data dive" with our second set of interim tests and prepared to begin our next block of instruction. We now welcome you all back as we wind up our 2nd quarter and push into our 3rd quarter of learning and achievement for our Knights. We have had a full semester and are on track for achieving many of our goals for this year. I invite you to continue to support your students in their home reading, home STEM challenges, Family STEM days, and daily work. Motivating our students with highly engaging learning experiences is our priority at New Bridge while ensuring that foundational skills are mastered. As always, we recognize that our partnership with you in your child's learning is critical to their success. I want to make a special plea to have your child participate in the 2019 STEM & Science Fair, which takes the place of our monthly Family days and home STEM challenge for the month of January. Thanks so much for your continued support and efforts to make New Bridge the best school ever! I wish I could capture all the good going on each day at New Bridge to share with you, but please enjoy just a few of these highlights from the past few months.
Project Based Learning at New Bridge
Much to Be Thankful For!
Blues in the Schools - 3rd Grade
Veteran's Day Thank You!
New Bridge Tour
1st & 2nd Grade Light Reflection Investigation
3rd Grade Heat Investigations
3rd Grade Sound Investigations
4th Grade Weather Break Out Box!
5th Grade Conductors & Ice Balloons Investigations
5th Grade Rocks JA City
Fifth grade rocked JA (Junior Achievement) City this year! They prepared by learning about city government, running their own campaigns for offices, and preparing to run their "business" at BizTown (Discovery Gateway). During their day at JA BizTown, students worked as employees in various businesses facilitated by volunteer educators and business professionals. They were “paid” for their labor and they managed personal and business checking accounts. Throughout the day they learned first-hand about time and money management as they worked, banked, and shopped as consumers. They represented New Bridge well! We're grateful for the 5th grade teachers and all the parents that supported our students.
Thank you Colonel Alford
Dec 7, 1941
After-School Programs Concert!
These beautiful young ladies performed a lovely dance full of flair and style!
Guitar & Ukulele
Our after school music students performed guitar and ukulele numbers.
New Bridge Choir
Thank you to our New Bridge Choir leaders for giving our students the wonderful experience of singing for parents, friends, and faculty.
Parent STEM Workshops!
2nd Grade Program
2nd Graders "Save the Ice Pops"
1st Grade Gingerbread House Designs
December Attendance Challenge
Wednesday, Jan 2
- Back to School!
Thursday, Jan 3
- 3 for Me Kick-off! PTA volunteer event, 6:00 - come find out about volunteer opportunities at New Bridge for PTA, classrooms, reading tutoring, STEM activities, etc.
- Reading Logs for Winter Break due to library - individual prizes and top 3 classes with the most reading minutes will win a Dart Side dart party at the school!
Monday, Jan 7
- DIBELS benchmark testing, Jan 7-8
- Community Council 7 am (different time than usual)
- Early Dismissal, 1:00, end of 2nd quarter
- Report Cards go home
- PTA meeting, 3:00
- Food Pantry
- No School
- 4th Grade SKYPE Author Visit: Chris Grabbenstein
- Boots 'n' Bunkers visit
- STEM & Science Fair Projects Due
- STEM & Science Fair Judging
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium
- STEM & Science Fair Parent Night 6-7:30
- 6th Grade Ski Trip
- 5th Grade Weber State College Bound Visit & BB Game, 4-9:15 pm
- 6th Grade Author Visit: JR Simmons
- Student of the Month Assemblies
- Food Pantry
- Community Council 3:00
- Parent STEM workshop, 10:00-11, Engineering
- 2nd Grade STEM Family Day, 1:30
- No School