If you're going to be something, be a good one.-Abraham L.
Who Am I?
Skills: I am good with my hands, and can crunch some numbers.
Values: Very good with people and have a great sense of humor.
Self-Esteem: My self-esteem is off the charts, I don't think that it could get much higher.
Why should all these things be considered when deciding on a career?
You should always pick the job that fits your personality. I am a hands on type of person, and love the outdoors. I feel this job has both an outdoors life just as much as the indoors.
My Career As A Petroleum Engineer
A petroleum engineer is involved in nearly all of the stages of oil and gas field evaluation, development and production. The aim of their work is to maximise hydrocarbon recovery at minimum cost while maintaining a strong emphasis on reducing environmental impact.
- Median Salary (annually)
- Job Outlook
- Employment of petroleum engineers is expected to grow 17 percent from 2010 to 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Oil prices will be a major determinant of employment growth, as higher prices lead to increasing complexity of oil companies’ operations. Additionally, job prospects should be highly favorable because many engineers are expected to retire.
- Work Schedule
- Depends on who you are working for. It would definitely be a full time job.
- Work Environment
- Again it depends on who you are working for. You will mostly be in an office, but you will have to go out on job sites as well.
- Something interesting about my career?
- By the time oil and gas prices increase, I will be just the right age to be out of college and be in the office with the title of a petroleum engineer.
How Do I Get There
Why this college?
This college was elected as the 2014 best school for a Petroleum Engineer Major
Close or Far From Home?
There is actually one right here in Arkansas, there are campuses all around the United States so I think that I would go to the one that is furthest away from Fort Smith.
What Degrees Will I Need for My Career?
Petroleum engineers are required to have a bachelor’s degree, but employment opportunities can increase with additional credentials.
University of Phoenix. Phoenix, Arizona. Annual College Costs (Fall 2008) Tuition and fees: $10,849. Books and supplies: $750. Cost per credit hour: $362.
Scholarships "Hoped For"
University of Phoenix is pleased to partner with the ASIS Foundation to offer a scholarship program. The ASIS Foundation provides funding and manages endowments with the primary object of conducting timely, security-related research of contemporary threats and best practices. The Foundation also provides scholarships and awards to ensure that those in the field of security management are recognized and able to realize the highest academic achievements.
Through this scholarship program, six (6) full-tuition scholarships will be offered. This scholarship will allow a prospective student the opportunity to complete an undergraduate or Master’s Degree at University of Phoenix. Recipient may choose to attend a University of Phoenix on-ground campus or may attend University of Phoenix online.
University of Phoenix is pleased to collaborate with Best Western International, Inc. to offer a scholarship program. Founded in 1946, Best Western is The World’s Biggest Hotel Family®. Based in Phoenix, AZ, Best Western offers quality guest rooms located in numerous countries and territories throughout the world.
Through this scholarship program, three (3) full-tuition scholarships will be offered. Each scholarship will allow a prospective student the opportunity to complete their first undergraduate business degree in the hospitality/service sector at University of Phoenix. Recipients may choose to attend a University of Phoenix on-ground campus or may attend University of Phoenix online.