Taylor ISD DuckLink # 52
empowering student success and school improvement
February 9, 2016
Writing Notes vs Typing Notes
Here are some ideas of how student digital notes can be improved and hopefully increase comprehension.
- Google Docs- Assign students to share notes from Google Docs and then add comments to each others, ask questions, etc
- Diagrams- Required students to take notes but then put them in a diagram with tools such as Google Drawings, Draw.io or Gliffy.
- MindMapping- Students can explain concepts using MindMup or Bubbl.us
- Sketchnoting- If students are using tablets such as iPads consider having them sketchnote using apps such as Paper 53, Skitch, or Flipink
Google Calendar: Appointment Slots
- Go to https://calendar.google.com.
- Change the view to Week.
- Click a time period on the calendar.
- Click the link labeled Appointment slots.
- Click edit details.
- Fill out the necessary information.
- Copy the calendar appointment page link.
- Click Save.
- Share the link with parents to signup for slots.
Nearpod is For You! Yes You!
The interactive features for students include, open ended questions, a pdf viewer, web page, draw it, poll, quiz, audio, video, slideshow (self-paced), virtual field trips, fill in the blanks, and memory test.
The free edition (Silver) of Nearpod doesn't contain all these features but is still a great tool. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a School Edition upgrade that contains all these features.