2018 South Padre Island Trip
June 3-7, 2018
FINAL TRIP info...
Tomorrow is the big day! We are meeting in the LEHS Band Room at 5:00 am for our trip to South Padre Island! As you pack today, I wanted to make sure everyone got some contact information, should you need to reach your child while on the trip. I know most students have cell phones, but I know parents like to have as much contact information as possible while their child is on a trip. Please see the attached document for an updated itinerary, rooming list, and contact information sheet.
* During the last couple days of school, a few students have asked to change rooms. That can be done, but we will wait until Sunday morning to make those changes.
Remember to pack the following:
1) Pillow & Blanket (Charter buses tend to get cold.)
2) One Suitcase (Everyone should bring just ONE suitcase. This will go underneath the bus. Do not pack any medications in your suitcase. Suitcases will not be available until we get to the hotel on Sunday night.)
3) One Carry-on Bag (This will go above your head or underneath your seat. Some items you may want to bring in your carry-on bag:
c. Phone Charger
d. Book to read
e. Earbuds (MUST have for the bus ride.)
4) Swimsuits & Cover-ups & Flip-flops (It might be a good idea to bring more than one swimsuit. Always plan to have proper beach attire. Girls need to bring some sort of cover-up, for going back and forth to the beach.)
5) Sunscreen (This is a must! We want everyone to enjoy this trip. That will be very hard to do if you are burned on the first day at the beach.)
6) Beach Towel (The hotel may not want anyone to take their towels to the beach.)
7) Money (I would recommend bringing a minimum of $40. ALL MEALS are included during the trip, except for the meals on route to South Padre and back home. Students will need some extra money for random snacks, drinks, and souvenirs.)
8) Zip Lock Bags (These are quite handy for keeping cell phones and cash dry while at the beach. It's also wise to have a plastic bag or two available to pack wet clothing for the trip home.)
9) Water Jug (Bringing your water jug is a great way to stay hydrated while at the beach.)
**Please understand that ALL school rules apply on this trip! Failure to follow directions or school rules could result in the loss of freedoms and privileges during the trip. We are all representatives of LEISD and the Lobo Band and should act accordingly while on a school function.
This is going to be an AMAZING trip! I look forward to seeing everyone bright and early tomorrow morning. Set those extra alarms...we are meeting at 5:00 am. See you soon!
Make plans to attend this year's annual Band Spring Trip...
1) Everyone can attend. No one would be left behind for academic ineligibility.
2) Less crowded beaches than during Spring Break.
3) Everyone can enjoy Spring Break with their families.
4) The water will be warmer and have less seaweed.
5) No testing dates to worry about. Everyone can relax and have fun!
We hope everyone will join us for this year's adventure! It is sure to be an amazing trip!
South Padre Island Trip
Sunday, June 3rd, 6am to Thursday, June 7th, 10pm
7000 Padre Boulevard
South Padre Island, TX
Please see the attached agenda for our 2018 Spring Band Trip to SOUTH PADRE ISLAND!
South Padre Island Payment Information
January 20 - $145
February 20 - $145 (100% refund until this date)
March 20 - $145 (75% refund until this date)
April 15 - $145 (50% refund until this date)
*No refunds after April 15th.
Payments must be made by the due dates indicated above. Failure to make a payment on time will result in the student's name being removed from the trip list. Payments are refundable, according to the payment schedule above. After April 15, no refunds will be given.
**Total Cost = $580
** This total cost includes charter bus transportation, all meals (except two lunches while traveling to and from SPI), a dolphin cruise, and admission to the SPI Schlitterbahn waterpark.
Parents, if anyone is interested in serving as a chaperone for the trip, please let Mr. Felice know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Chaperones will receive a discounted rate and only eight chaperones will be needed for this trip. Thank you.