Blogger 101 - Setting up a class blog
During the Unconference, I got a lot of positive feedback for this session and I am working with several teachers to set up blogs here at Millstone so I decided to do a two to three week share for those who are interested in trying Blogger in the classroom.
What is Blogger and how can I use it in my classroom?
- Posting resources, lessons, and hw assignments
- Weekly newsletters for students and parents
- Posting videos or articles for students to read and reflect on
- Creating polls
- Asking questions to expand on a lesson or get students thinking
- Sharing links to helpful websites
- Collaboration on projects
- Feedback on ideas
- Book reviews and recommendations
- Fun extras that we just don't have time for these days
Your blog can be whatever you choose. Below is a link to my blog from 4th grade last year and a link to our district technology blog (which you are more than welcome to follow!) Please check them out! Finally, I've included the presentation I used at the Unconference as a reference. :)